Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

Ice Hockey

You should be happy getting there at all. Most predicted a 6th place finish for the US men.

You should be happy getting there at all. Most predicted a 6th place finish for the US men.

Trust me, I am ecstatic and proud of my team, but after yesterday's loss to Canada, I am smelling blood!!! :D

It's now official.

Canada vs. United States for Gold

So the showdown's on!

Did you guys make sure you buried a Lucky Loon in the ice?

This will be a pretty interesting match to watch. May the best win :) (altough i support Canada :lol: ) I hope i can have enough time this sunday to watch the match ;w; (i had to watch the entire olympics through Terra.tv)

The swedish TV-channel TV4 reports two canadian NHL-referees will judge the Gold medal game between Canada and USA. Their name are Bill McCreary and Dan O'Halloran. This can't be true?? How can they have Canadian referees in a gold medal game with Canada in Canada? The swedish referee was one of the possibles to be referee in the final. I think he would be much more fair. This seems strange if it's true.

The swedish TV-channel TV4 reports two canadian NHL-referees will judge the Gold medal game between Canada and USA. Their name are Bill McCreary and Dan O'Halloran. This can't be true?? How can they have Canadian referees in a gold medal game with Canada in Canada? The swedish referee was one of the possibles to be referee in the final. I think he would be much more fair. This seems strange if it's true.

*The swedish referees name is Marcus Vinnerborg.

Yes, while I give the referees the benefit of the doubt, they would be under much pressure to not call certain things on the Canadians (I would think).

5 minutes from the puck drop and I have never seen this much coverage of hockey on ESPN, since, well ever.

Come on TEAM USA!

And now -- probably the defining and most memorable medal event of these Games. Go Canada! I'm not rooting for you only because your victory would save Germany's second rank on the medal table (counted by gold medals) but also because you as a gracious host simply deserves it.

Honestly the country is shutting down for this game. Streets are fairly empty, bars are packed and there is the possibility of upwards of 25 million watching.

Our Father, who art in GM Place, hockey be thy name.

Thy will be done, GOLD to be WON on ICE as well as IN THE STANDS.

Give us this day, our hockey sticks, and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us.

Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory, in the name of the fans, CANAD...A, and the HOLY PUCK. AMEN!

GO CANADA GO!!!!

Sign in to follow this