Short Track Speed Skating

ive read many report about South Korean media.

Overwhelming reports about the result of women 3000m relay are unacceptalbe.

They believe that the chief umpire still against South Korea since 2002 SLC WOG.

And many Korean netizen believe that this is canadian's intrigue that keeping Korea's position behind Canda on the Golden medal list.

What amazing imagination~!

Korean always make people laugh, after they saying Sakyamuni and Confucius are both Korean.

in fact i do have the same feeling about what Soaring_Higher feel.

In this 4 years, China had already won women 3000m relay many times. And this time, you know, "a little flaw in the diamond".

But what 4seasonscentre said is more important. :lol:

Anyway, good result.

Yeah, this won't do anything to help the Korea-USA relationship in short track. I am sure the hate mail has already begun and the IOC server will soon crash.

I have read many media reports and they aren't consistent about when the offense took place. Some say 4th last lap, some 6th, and one I read said 5th last.

Anywho, great job Canada and Women's Wednesday!

Yeah, this won't do anything to help the Korea-USA relationship in short track. I am sure the hate mail has already begun and the IOC server will soon crash.

I have read many media reports and they aren't consistent about when the offense took place. Some say 4th last lap, some 6th, and one I read said 5th last.

Anywho, great job Canada and Women's Wednesday!

good. the US team needs some motivation out there. too often it seems the US beats korea because of technicalities or slips. the koreans just look so good out there most of the time.

Krazy Kooky Koreans

Australian Embassy bomb threat in South Korea over skating judge decision

* February 26, 2010 2:15PM

A KOREAN man has been arrested in Seoul following a threat to blow up the Australian embassy because he was outraged by a decision made by an Australian skating judge at the Winter Olympics.

The man, known only as Mr Kim, made the threats through Korean rail company Korail.

He was traced by his telephone number and arrested.

Major Korean internet news website Joins.com reported the embassy was searched for 40 minutes and five staff were evacuated.

Officials at the embassy confirmed the incident with AAP, a staff member saying it turned out to be a hoax but "Korean authorities responded very quickly and it was resolved".

Joins.com reported Kim was angry that Australian short track speed-skating judge Jim Hewish had disqualified the Korean team from the women's 3000m relay final after their last skater crossed the line first on Wednesday (Vancouver time).

The gold went to arch-rivals China.

Hewish, who received death threats and prompted a tirade of 16,000 angry emails to the International Olympic Committee after another decision against a South Korean skater in 2002, told AAP it was "business as usual'' and he'd be back at the Pacific Coliseum to officiate tomorrow.

"As far as we're concerned there was no controversy,'' Hewish said, not wanting to be drawn any further on the specifics of the incident.

"The Koreans are a bit upset but you know, that's understandable I guess.''

Hewish said he had no concerns for his safety but hadn't read website reports and blogs, with some in South Korea calling for him to stand down and others even suggesting a ban on importing Australian goods.

Joins.com reported that Kim came from Gunpo, the same town as Korean Kim Min Jung, the skater who crossed the line first to seemingly win her country gold.

World 1500m champion, Min Jung said: “I don’t think I made any mistakes in the race. It was not impeding or cross-tracking.

"I want a rematch. We all went and watched the race again and again last night and I still couldn't accept the result.

"I couldn't sleep last night.

"I failed to give Korea five relay gold medals in a row. I'm sorry for that."

The Korean team, who lost the relay to China for two consecutive world championships, were aiming for a record fifth straight women's title in any Winter Olympic sport.

South Korea coach Choi Kwang-bok has already blamed Hewish for the crucial decision.

Choi pointed out that Hewish also caused controversy when he disqualifed South Korea's Kim Dong-Sung for "cross-tracking" in favour of American Apolo Anton Ohno at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games.

"I was angry with the referee. He just ignored me and turned away. It was out of my control," Choi told reporters after the relay.

Asked if he felt there was a conspiracy against the Koreans, he said: "No comment."

As a result of the ruling, the gold medal went to China, keeping alive their bid for an unprecedented sweep of Olympic women's short-track titles with the 1000m final left to be run tomorrow.

Yonhap quoted Choi as saying: "I asked my players to skate carefully under Hewish but it happened in the final match."

The 2002 incident led to South Korea threatening to boycott the Games closing ceremony in Salt Lake City and soured relations between the two nations with Ohno at the centre of national hatred in Korea.

Ohno was seen throwing up his arms behind Kim in that final as if he was blocked, a gesture widely mocked by Korean media as "Hollywood action" at that time.

Afterwards, Kim's fans sent 16,000 angry e-mails which crashed the International Olympic Committee's website.

Just gotta love those passionate South Koreans. If it's not wiping their moons on Apollo Ohno toilet paper or chasing Olympic boxing referees out of their country after trying to bash the crap outta him, or having Mickey Kim as once of their most prestigious ex-IOC members, then it's threatening to blow up the embassy of one of the countries which helped save them from the Great Leader up north because they didn't like a short track DQ.

I know it's a bit extreme and possibly a lunatic fringe are responsible but the question has to be asked; why doesn't the IOC send a message to the South Korean NOC and tell them to get a collective mood adjustment or PC is off the 2018 shopping list.

Oops..just remembered...the Won talks almost as loudly as the Yen and the Renminbi in Lausanne's Hallowed Bunker

It's funny how these scrawny looking Korean kids that in America you would expect to see "dueling" at a Yugioh convention are actually short-track champions and adored by millions in their country.

They are sooooooo into it. It's kind of off-putting.

It's funny how these scrawny looking Korean kids that in America you would expect to see "dueling" at a Yugioh convention are actually short-track champions and adored by millions in their country.

well, they do have a new figure-skating queen to balance off all that roughness!!

Stereotypical much?

Gold for Hamelin!

19258_m15.jpg

Charles Hamelin and Francois-Louis Tremblay just won gold and bronze in the men's 500m in Short Track, Sung Si-Bak was second after Ohno was disqualified for interfering with Tremblay. Awsome result for Canadian Short Track, first gold since 2002. Brilliant, looks like it will be a good Olympiad for Canadian short track after all :lol:. So happy that Hamelin has his gold!

I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Brilliant skate by Canada, with Tremblay, Hamelin, Hamelin, Jean and Bastille bringing home the bacon! And to say that a week ago I was ready to declare this our worst ever Olympics in Short Track... Shame on me, eh?

But I really didn't think Canada would win agains't Korea, and I think they did it by having the best strategy. Anyway, its gonna be a special moment with Charles and Francois Hamelin on the podium together!