Snowboard Halfpipe

Really happy to see Australia get a gold outa Vancouver... 'specially since it ain't Begg-Smith :P

Seriously, tough, congrats to Bright. Its now the third games in a row that an Aussie gets gold at the winter games, Australia is really becoming a credible player in winter sports.

Jeezus that was tense!!!! I wasn't sure if my heart would last! That was soooooooo gruelling!

You Bloody Little Ripper Bewdy Torah!

Spot on cobber :D

And great effort from Holly Crawford too.

What's the bet that Torah becomes the new darling of the Aussie Olympic movement. Great win when she had to really bring it home, had four great Yanks to knock off and looks to make even a priest take a second glance. That was up there with Alisa's gold back in SLC....

Under the Southern Cross I Stand

A sprig of wattle in my hand,

A native of my native land,

Australia you Fn' beauty!!

01-australian-flag-640.jpg

Jeezus that was tense!!!! I wasn't sure if my heart would last! That was soooooooo gruelling!

You Bloody Little Ripper Bewdy Torah!

I was watching it at work on the internet and I was nervous. But everyone was so happy when we heard the result.

• Like 1

Well, she's had an accident afterwards while she was training, she's being taken to hospital and she won't be able to take part in the final.

Bye bye medal chances for Spain!

I can't believe it! :blink: She did it perfectly in the qualifying round. What is more, with the mark she was given (44.3) she would have won the silver medal... :unsure:

Well, it seems we'll have to wait 'til Sochi 2014 for our third Olympic winter medal. However, there might be good results in alpine skiing with Carolina Ruiz and M. José Rienda, but I don't think these results will be medals.

Congratulations, Queralt!

• Like 1

I can't believe it! :blink: She did it perfectly in the qualifying round. What is more, with the mark she was given (44.3) she would have won the silver medal... :unsure:

Well, it seems we'll have to wait 'til Sochi 2014 for our third Olympic winter medal. However, there might be good results in alpine skiing with Carolina Ruiz and M. José Rienda, but I don't think these results will be medals.

Congratulations, Queralt!

Shame that she had the accident...I'm sure Queralt would have made it tough for Torah and the Yanks. But...that's Olympic Winter sports for you.

• Like 1

Anything but a total sweep was an upset, they had all they needed to dominate, and as a team they blew it. 2 individual did OK, but they should have brought the sweep home, it was a mediocre competition.....it will not be remembered as significant because it wasn't.

Anything but a total sweep was an upset, they had all they needed to dominate, and as a team they blew it. 2 individual did OK, but they should have brought the sweep home, it was a mediocre competition.....it will not be remembered as significant because it wasn't.

How long have you been watching the Olympics? Cuz if you were, you'd know how rare sweeps are in ANY sport. There may have been an upset in gold, but absolutely not a sweep. Being beaten by a 45.0 is no choke on the Americans. It's called a clutch performance by the Aussie.

Sorry........all the women except the American suck, it's always luck if anyone gets through. This is an American sport and everyone else is chasing the Americans.

Silver and Bronze mean NOTHING without the Gold too, this was a disappointment and these dirty American girls really screwed it up.

Sorry........all the women except the American suck, it's always luck if anyone gets through. This is an American sport and everyone else is chasing the Americans.

Silver and Bronze mean NOTHING without the Gold too, this was a disappointment and these dirty American girls really screwed it up.

Talk about completely disregarding my last post.

You, sir, are an idiot.

Torah was always a strong medal chance of this. Gold may have been a pleasant result, but not totally unexpected either. Check Sports Illustrated to see to how unexpected her medalling was. Pull your head in and your Stars and Stripes blinkers off mate!

Edited by Sir Roltel

Have you been watching any Half Pipe the last four year? Because the US being shut-out of the medals in the women's half pipe was, to be frank, quite likely. If anybody chocked last night, it was the Chinese team, not the American team.

Torah was always a strong medal chance of this. Gold may have been a pleasant result, but not totally unexpected either. Check Sports Illustrated to see to how unexpected her medalling was. Pull your head in and your Stars and Stripes blinkers off mate!

Well now you have your 2, reason enough to party down under I suppose, it's a bit of a different league up here?!

Have you been watching any Half Pipe the last four year? Because the US being shut-out of the medals in the women's half pipe was, to be frank, quite likely. If anybody chocked last night, it was the Chinese team, not the American team.

No....only X-games, why?.....are you on the circuit?

2 for 3 is a disappointment out this way. Those white girls had NO air and sucked a**. As for the Chinese....no thanks, stick to ping pong and torture.

Well now you have your 2, reason enough to party down under I suppose, it's a bit of a different league up here?!

Mate, we've got more chances in the locker coming up - see you at the aerials. Yeah, totally different league here. At least we're punching well above our winter weight.

bleiler choked; she was a big part of the american team.

p.s. I don't mind negative reputation vote, I promise not to retaliate. I kind of am looking to rack them up so I don't have to worry about being phony or PC, that's for the IOC.

Any of you that like my honesty, please don't give me positive points, it hurts my negative reputation. A silent fist pump will do.

• Like 1