Snowboard Halfpipe

I'm enjoying the Snowboard halfpipe. Unpredictable as ever when people are falling left right and centre, but my question is this - how many people are each country allowed to field cos I swear I've seen more than 3 for more than one country especially USA. Is there no limit in the Winter Olympics? :(

It's looking promising for Team Australia at the women's now. Torah's qualified top for the final and Holly Crawford's qualified top foer the semifinals.

And good news for NZ too, with Kendall brown also qualifying for the semis.

ANZAC interest will be high in Cypress today.

I'm enjoying the Snowboard halfpipe. Unpredictable as ever when people are falling left right and centre, but my question is this - how many people are each country allowed to field cos I swear I've seen more than 3 for more than one country especially USA. Is there no limit in the Winter Olympics? :(

The limit per country in all skiing event is four per country. Its also four per country for the shorter distances in Long Track Speed Skating (500m to 1500m).

Flying Tomato...certified FRESH once again. Let's see if Torah can get Australia another medal (and maybe a gold).

Queral Castellet from Spain has qualified third for the final. It may be the third winter medal for Spain ever, the previous ones were a gold in Sapporo'72 and a bronce in Albertville'92, both in alpine skiing (slalom), by the Fernández Ochoa brother and sister respectively. In fact it's our only realistic chance in these games. ^_^

I'm watching the Women's Halfpipe Semi Finals. Let's just say the Men's competition is definitely better and more entertaining :lol:

At the risk of being heretical, even yesterday with the men, I found the long, slow process of qualifications and quarters and semis and two runs each long and tedious and repetitive. The final was a different matter - lived it. But I think I can leave it at that.

And is it just me, or does it sometimes feel like watching one long animated brochure or catalogue for snowboard manufacturers?

Uh huh...saw several of the sledders make sure they show the base of their sled to the camera at the end of their run.

Guess the Gen X commercial attitudes are there for all to see :)

Queral Castellet from Spain has qualified third for the final. It may be the third winter medal for Spain ever, the previous ones were a gold in Sapporo'72 and a bronce in Albertville'92, both in alpine skiing (slalom), by the Fernández Ochoa brother and sister respectively. In fact it's our only realistic chance in these games. ^_^

Well, she's had an accident afterwards while she was training, she's being taken to hospital and she won't be able to take part in the final.

Bye bye medal chances for Spain!