• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bore off.

Well, if Toronto had entered, and you were going to make a list of the minus frtactors for the bids, you cpould say: Madrid - Spain's economy is in really bad shape Japan - Although Pyeongchang shou

MisterSG1 is simply ignorant of the fact that his "Canada" was created by immigrants themselves, much like my "Australia" is. We should be grateful for the immigrant populations from all corners of th

Holy crap there is so much drama going on at City Hall now. No wonder the report on the 2024 bid hasn't been released. Rob Ford needs to resign.

And how ironic is it that the Mayor's brother and city councillor Doug Ford just had a press conference is asking the Police Chief to resign. Give me a f'ing break. These two are insane.

But he's got a great excuse... he was really, really drunk at the time.

Other breaking news... Rob Ford's popularity continues to go up(!) with each new bit of news. Canada... what a country!

Who is reporting his popularity is going up? An angry mob is starting to grow outside of City Hall chanting "Rehab! Rehab"

But he's got a great excuse... he was really, really drunk at the time.

Other breaking news... Rob Ford's popularity continues to go up(!) with each new bit of news. Canada... what a country!

Yet the amount of people wanting him to resign is growing. Its mostly sympathy and with this latest admission I would believe the approval ratings would drop. Say whatever you want to about Ford but he has brought Toronto a budget surplus, got a subway in Scarborough (ie getting results, something Toronto lacked with its last mayor).

At least Canada doesn't have cities run by animals LOL like in Alaska.

CP24 is saying the way the Mayor admitted the crack use was strange. Wiretap evidence is going to be released soon. Damning evidence against the Mayor showing him buying crack cocaine, and occupying a crack house.

He must have known he had to admit before the **** really got out of hand.

More information is to come out. Videos and wiretaps. The 2nd video is said to be much worse than the 1st one with him smoking crack cocaine. I don't understand how he thinks he can continue in his position. He needs to step down immediately because it's going to get much worse when all this other information is released by the Police.

Source: Anonymous :huh:

Logo is in the working early stages as there are other alternatives. (So this might not be official, but why hire a firm to produce a logo if there isn't an intent to bid?) The bid still has support and contrary to popular belief a team is working on it.

Source of logos. Jared Hansen Design

d1FyfUN.jpg

NQe470M.jpg

ZxgYZWh.jpg

BvUilzj.jpg

• Like 1

Beat me to it Rols, was going to make exactly the same comment when I saw it!

Yeah, Chicago's logo went from the torch to the star....

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2007-05-16-474334623_x.htm

chicago_2016_redux.gif

Whether you think this is IOC pettiness or not, it looks like Toronto's designers (if this logo is real) decided not to bother to check the guidelines governing the design they were creating......which is shame 'cos it's a nice logo! :wacko:

(n.b. they also wouldn't be allowed to attach the Olympic rings yet, and would want the words "Applicant City" somewhere...)

Edited by Rob.

I love the colour - but another maple leaf?

Aside from using an image of a flame/torch which isn't allowed, they should be careful about using the Olympic rings - it is the intellectual property of the IOC - they don't even allow applicant cities to use it. Very strange oversight/unprofessional for such a high profile city.