Toronto?

LuigiVercotti

I wouldn't hold my breath for a World Cup. To the outside world, the USA for a 2nd time is probably a lot more appealing. Not to mention England or Spain, or a number of other countries.

Making the World Cup, on the other hand, - that's just a matter of time.

Yeah, it's supposed to be, by the current rules (and they could change of course)' between CONCACAF, South America, Africa or Oceania. Assuming South America have their eye on the 2030 centennial, I'd agree it would likely be the US as your main competition, and I think they'd be hard to beat.

Yeah for sure. The USA have all the stadiums in place with high seating capacities. That would be tough to beat.

Edited by dave199

Rob Ford is one of the most popular politicans in Canada right now he will be getting re-elected again this year and every time bad press comes to Rob Ford he comes back even stronger and after he has been Mayor of Toronto he will be running for Prime Minster of Canada imagain Chris Christie being the President of the USA and Rob Ford the Prime Minster of Canada.

Rob Ford is more popular then Justin Trudeau like Chris Christie by the current polls will be the next President of the USA can reach out to everyone and both are down to earth people so after Rob Ford been the mayor of Toronto he is likely to be one of the next Prime Minister of Canada.

Please, I stay out of Canada's sh*t you stay out of the US's got it? Chris Christie is facing Federal and State prosecution; the only change 2016 is going to give him is a new home, its often called Federal Prison.

For Canada to compete we would need to propose some big flashy projects. Expanding and give major facelifts to any exisiting facility is a given.

Well, just get your mayor (an according to Gold Coast Lions) future prime minster, really drunk to the point that he proposes some crazy flashy plans and signs them into law...before having the hangover. I'm sure Prime Minister Ford would love to discus future sporting events in Toronto over some nice alcohol...

Hear is an TV interview of Rob Ford saying he is planning to run for Prime Minister of Canada I bring up Rob Ford in the thread about Toronto because he could be very well the Prime Minister of Canada one day

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/17/rob_ford_talks_to_fox_news_i_am_training_every_day.html

Hear is an TV interview of Rob Ford saying he is planning to run for Prime Minister of Canada I bring up Rob Ford in the thread about Toronto because he could be very well the Prime Minister of Canada one day

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/17/rob_ford_talks_to_fox_news_i_am_training_every_day.html

What a complete insult to our country that you believe Canadians are stupid enough to allow Rob Ford to become prime minister.

Second, you obviously have no concept of Canadian politics. No one can "run for prime minister". If Rob Ford want to be PM he'd first have to become the leader of a political party, which would take years of experience as a Member of Parliament.

FFS

• Like 1

Justin Trudeau is like Rob Ford they both admitted using illegal drugs but we don't see a big media beat up on Justin Trudeau do we political biased is beating up Rob Ford If the polls are right then Justin Trudeau would be the next Prime Minister of Canada, I love Canada and I will never insult Canada.

Justin Trudeau is like Rob Ford they both admitted using illegal drugs but we don't see a big media beat up on Justin Trudeau do we political biased is beating up Rob Ford If the polls are right then Justin Trudeau would be the next Prime Minister of Canada, I love Canada and I will never insult Canada.

If Trudeau is the next PM, than god help us all. The first Trudeau severely damaged Canada. I will not get into it, but his policies for example is what made the once great city of Brampton into Bramladesh. That is not racist, it is simply stating fact.

Surely one does not run for Prime Minister as we know. However, if one does not run for Prime Minister, and the only people who can elect the leader into parliament are those who live in the district, than why do they televise a debate of the leaders before a federal election?

Mr. Ford has made a fool of himself lately, and I do not condone his antics. However, why on the same token, is it acceptable for the Mayor of Brampton to spend nearly $200,000 of taxpayers' money on herself? If David Miller did this for instance, you wouldn't hear a peep from the media.

If Trudeau is the next PM, than god help us all. The first Trudeau severely damaged Canada. I will not get into it, but his policies for example is what made the once great city of Brampton into Bramladesh. That is not racist, it is simply stating fact.

That is racist actually. Its the people like you we don;t need in Canada.

• Like 2

This is opinion, not fact.

By definition, your opinion is racist. Fact.

Somewhat ironic when the odd bigot boils up to the surface on these boards. You do realise the Olympic Games requires a village populated by people from all over the world? Maybe Toronto could put it's Olympic village in Brampton.

This is opinion, not fact.

By definition, your opinion is racist. Fact.

Somewhat ironic when the odd bigot boils up to the surface on these boards. You do realise the Olympic Games requires a village populated by people from all over the world? Maybe Toronto could put it's Olympic village in Brampton.

Except that Toronto alone is one of the most diverse cities in the world.

Why is having a large Indian population a bad thing MisterSG1? How does that ruin a city?

I agree with intoronto. What you just said is incredibly racist.

Frankly, you're an idiot.

It's not the Indians that bothers me, it's the fact that there is almost no intentions of assimilation or integration. In Brampton, tell me how many storefronts you see in English in the Springdale neighborhood for instance.

In fact, if we had so called "multiculturalism" wouldn't there be a balance of immigrants from different areas? In fact, each of the GTA suburbs is kinda like their own countries. Mostly Indians in Brampton, mostly Chinese in Markham, mostly Italians in Vaughan, and Mississauga well, speaking my truth about what is there now will get me banned.

Just in Quebec, the province everyone loves to hate, they've enacted laws to keep their culture intact. It is not racist if I want people who come here to live by our ways, the immigrants in Brampton do not.

Also, I notice people say I'm not the kind of person needed in Canada. Than what is a Canadian, one person who bends over to left wing indoctrination? It is a shame that I feel like a foreigner in my own country, and you cannot deny that this happens. Is it also racist if the so called "white flight" has occured in Brampton and Mississauga? Check out the demographics of the cities in Halton Region and their growth in recent years, those are the people who USED to live in Brampton and Mississauga.

No words....

Cause maybe the truth hurts, multiculturalism does not work, we do not all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya". If you want to be honest, the Olympic Games may be about bringing the world together and peace and all that. But the Olympics is one of the times where nationalism is the strongest, in a short bit, we will be cheering for skiiers and such, some from Quebec that will win medals. We'll see them as heroes, but any other time of the year, they would just be "Dirty Quebeckers".

It's not the Indians that bothers me, it's the fact that there is almost no intentions of assimilation or integration. In Brampton, tell me how many storefronts you see in English in the Springdale neighborhood for instance.

In fact, if we had so called "multiculturalism" wouldn't there be a balance of immigrants from different areas? In fact, each of the GTA suburbs is kinda like their own countries. Mostly Indians in Brampton, mostly Chinese in Markham, mostly Italians in Vaughan, and Mississauga well, speaking my truth about what is there now will get me banned.

Just in Quebec, the province everyone loves to hate, they've enacted laws to keep their culture intact. It is not racist if I want people who come here to live by our ways, the immigrants in Brampton do not.

Also, I notice people say I'm not the kind of person needed in Canada. Than what is a Canadian, one person who bends over to left wing indoctrination? It is a shame that I feel like a foreigner in my own country, and you cannot deny that this happens. Is it also racist if the so called "white flight" has occured in Brampton and Mississauga? Check out the demographics of the cities in Halton Region and their growth in recent years, those are the people who USED to live in Brampton and Mississauga.

Do you not realize how racist that is? I live in New York City. Pretty big place, as you may now. About as multicultural as you can get. We have plenty of neighborhoods throughout the city that have a high concentration of people from a certain ethnic group. The IOC would have loved that aspect of an NYC bid. And this is a problem for you? That certain groups of people choose to hold onto their heritage and they're proud of it? It's been that way here for a century, going back years and years when immigrants first arrived at Ellis Island in search of the American dream. If you're that offended by all this, then move. I don't know much about Brampton or any of the Toronto suburbs for that matter, but sounds like they wouldn't miss you

I've been to NYC before, and Toronto has those kind of enclaves too. Those kind of enclaves aren't that bad, as it is confined to a small area. But how to describe Markham, think of Chinatown in Manhattan, now think of that concept to Markham, Ontario. A place with over 300,000. What is scary, is that in Markham, just 38% of people who live in a city of 300,000 have English as their mother tongue. Think about this for a second, there is no need to integrate, they can stay in thse places and not integrate whatsoever into society. The immigrants that took that ship to Ellis Island, back in those days, people were in search of the American Dream cause frankly, their old country sucks. They wanted to become American. If their old country is so great, why not simply go back there? If 38% of people know English as their first language, that is kind of dangerous to our society. Is it racist that in Quebec, they have such laws protecting French, that if you want to have a storefront in any other language besides French, it must be a 60/40 ratio. Is that racist? Check out the kind of immigration laws Japan has, is that not racist?

Brampton is the kind of place now, where you see more fireworks on Diwali than Canada Day. The kind of place where you try to order a coffee at Tim Hortons and the people have a difficult time understanding you, and the employees of the store babble to each other in Punjabi. While there are some of the Indian population in Brampton that wants to be Canadian, the vast majority have a big family home in India, as soon as they make some money, they send it back to India. That in turn wrecks our economy.