Toronto?

LuigiVercotti

T is north but great not so much.

Your pics:

1-That could be Cleveland + a cement tower from 1977

2-Wow a suburb of 1970-80s 30-40 story condos and officesworld class (oh wait a handful are 68 stories.it's a virtual Dubai..just ask any fake Malaysian twin)

3-That monstrosity is dated and crumbling, its like expo67 never endedparty on

3-Libuskind is just tackyafter he was kicked to the curb in NYC and disgraced Gio Ponti in Denver where else to go but T

4-That is nice

5-All the glam of ANY 3rd or 4TH tier US city on long exposure, Cleveland would look similar.

6-Summer is worse than winter.

7-Top one case in point down to the pimply armsBottom has good whore appeal.

Look some Torontonians love their city but compared to other truly beautiful Canadian cities it's the fat ugly tall plain sister with huge thighs and a lazy eye. You Canadians know how many I HATE UGLY TORONTO websites there are.

So if you want to insult me or my city go for itjust getting bored with (heres how we will look one day) Toronto signatures and over excited locals who cant admit T is sort of not that interesting. Its the biggest city in C, however Vancouver would be a more appealing summer games host in the future, its actually beautiful and fun to visit.

Also its a bit early to return anyway.

To bad you despise the US so much, theres about 9 better NA options than T.

I want to see T bid though.

Bottom line T has no soul.

• Like 1

T is north but great not so much. Your pics: 1-That could be Cleveland + a cement tower from 1977 2-Wow a suburb of 1970-80s 30-40 story condos and officesworld class (oh wait a handful are 68 stories.it's a virtual Dubai..just ask any fake Malaysian twin) 3-That monstrosity is dated and crumbling, its like expo67 never endedparty on 3-Libuskind is just tackyafter he was kicked to the curb in NYC and disgraced Gio Ponti in Denver where else to go but T 4-That is nice 5-All the glam of ANY 3rd or 4TH tier US city on long exposure, Cleveland would look similar. 6-Summer is worse than winter. 7-Top one case in point down to the pimply armsBottom has good whore appeal. Look some Torontonians love their city but compared to other truly beautiful Canadian cities it's the fat ugly tall plain sister with huge thighs and a lazy eye. You Canadians know how many I HATE UGLY TORONTO websites there are. So if you want to insult me or my city go for itjust getting bored with (heres how we will look one day) Toronto signatures and over excited locals who cant admit T is sort of not that interesting. Its the biggest city in C, however Vancouver would be a more appealing summer games host in the future, its actually beautiful and fun to visit. Also its a bit early to return anyway. To bad you despise the US so much, theres about 9 better NA options than T. I want to see T bid though. Bottom line T has no soul.

Wow, just wow...

Thank me later:

http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/mental-health-psychotherapy

On behalf of the Toronto chick who broke your heart and made you lose your mind to bitterness and anger, I sencerely apologize!! :D:P:lol:

You Canadians know how many I HATE UGLY TORONTO websites there are. So if you want to insult me or my city go for itjust getting bored with (heres how we will look one day) Toronto signatures and over excited locals who cant admit T is sort of not that interesting. Its the biggest city in C, however Vancouver would be a more appealing summer games host in the future, its actually beautiful and fun to visit. Also its a bit early to return anyway. To bad you despise the US so much, theres about 9 better NA options than T. I want to see T bid though. Bottom line T has no soul.

I haven't heard of any. The hate stems from I have no idea. Sorry that you get bored but for a lot of us who post here we like this type of stuff (maybe what gets you is that Toronto has more then double NYC idk). Vancouver would not be appealing at all for a summer games. Overrated (and has a serious drug problem). You should visit Quebec City though that is a jewel.

• Like 1

Truth? Says the guy claiming that the 3rd largest city in North America, one that has higher density than either your 2nd largest city Los Angeles or 3rd largest city Chicago (Toronto also has more people than Chicago) has the same urban credentials as Cleveland? lol For the record the biggest building in that shot wasn't 68 storeys, several of them are in the 88 storey zone.

Who has more highrise construction activity than the top 5 cities in the US combined, who are the biggest investors in New York (your supposed home town, something tells me you're originally from elsewhere...by the way, New York is one of the biggest sources of tourists to our city)? Who bought Neiman Marcus, Saks 5th Avenue, whose constructing the largest real estate project in New York history, Hudson Yards (the largest real estate development project in the US right now)? That's right, Toronto based companies. Yeah, we're clearly just like the small declining rustbelt town Cleveland!! :rolleyes:

Look, I'm on other forums such as the Montreal Urban forum which is exclusively in French, and I used to live in Vancouver, people in other Canadian cities don't 'hate' Toronto, they're irritated that this city and province dominate this country. There's rampant envy, people in the Montreal forums outright admit they're jealous of Toronto's position and growth. 38% of this country's population lives in this province, Toronto is the capital of this province, we have more clout than even the national capital (also located in this province). We're the national financial/manufacturing/entertainment/media/fashion/transportation/population/sports capital of this country, of course everyone has a chip on their shoulder about us! :PB)

As for the women, did you honestly say that woman has pimply hairy arms?? I'd like to see your wife, or better yet that Toronto woman who dumped your miserable bitter butt...

I wonder what you're smoking!! :D

• Like 1

@mrcorp

You said hairy not me. Were [America/NYC] not jealous I swear, but let your ego run wild, its just precious. Every hope you express and comparison you make is trying to be something like successful US cities, then you bash the US. Pure wannabe. For the record I love C just not T. :) Bash away.

@mrcorp You said hairy not me. Were [America/NYC] not jealous I swear, but let your ego run wild, its just precious. Every hope you express and comparison you make is trying to be something like successful US cities, then you bash the US. Pure wannabe. For the record I love C just not T. :) Bash away.

Toronto isn't aiming for 500+ homicides (Chicago, NYC etc), decline (Detroit) etc.

• Like 1

Guys, I know since I began here, I'm not really one known for trying to calm situation, but as I am starting to relax and not argue, and as someone not from the Cities that you lot are arguing about, I suggest that to calm the situation, you just ignore the person who is causing this. I know people will reply to this and say, you were annoying before, but I am trying now to fit in.

Yeah - it seemed obvious even from the first post that you Toronto people were getting trolled. Reacting by spamming the thread with oversaturated pictures of Toronto only makes you look insecure (and that you have something to prove otherwise - which you dont)- thus giving this turd what he wants. Just ignore.

• Like 1

Pardon the very cheap shot, but is the **cough** elephant in the room, the mayor? Not just for whether he supports a bid or not, but can Ford actually even front a bid on the world stage with his reputation?

When is the next mayoral election anyway?

2024 Olympic Games: Should Toronto consider a bid?

Should Toronto pay for a $1 million study as a first step toward bidding for the 2024 Olympic Games?

It's a question the city's economic development committee will tackle next week. Submitting a bid will cost more than $50 million, a price tag that might leave councillors wary after Toronto lost bids in 1996 to Atlanta and 2008 to Beijing.

A report by Ernst and Young says the city needs to act now if it's serious about pursuing the 2024 Games.

Bob Richardson, who was chief operating officer for the 2008 Olympic bid and was one of the organizers for Toronto's successful 2015 Pan-Am Games bid, appeared on CBC Radio's Metro Morning Wednesday. He agreed civic leaders need to decide now if they they're serious about bidding.

"I would be cautious at this point," he said. "There's a lot of homework that needs to be done."

Richardson also said Toronto civic leaders need to consider whether the city has a legitimate shot at winning and if submitting a bid is in line with the city's priorities.

He also said Toronto needs "good political leadership" before entering the competition.

"We had that when we bid for the Pan-Am Games," he said.

That prompted host Matt Galloway to ask if Richardson thought Mayor Rob Ford — who will seek re-election after a scandal-filled 2013 — would be an impediment to an Olympic bid.

This is how he answered:

"I, as somebody who has worked on these projects, would not want to take the international buffoon show on the road," said Richardson. "You need to have decent political leadership and if you don't have that, I wouldn't do it. I'm not going to name names, I'll just leave it at that."

He said that while the cost of hosting an Olympics can be staggering, the economic benefits and new infrastructure can often be worth it.

Richardson said Toronto would need a new athletes' village (the Pan-Am athletes' village will be condos by 2024) and a large new stadium.

Galloway asked if it's worth spending millions on venues that may get little use after the two-week Games wrap up.

Richardson said Vancouver came away with a dedicated airport rail line and was able turn the skating oval into a community centre.

"If you do it smart, it's worthwhile. If you do it dumb, it's not worthwhile," he said.

Ford and Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly have both said they'd prefer to first see how the Pan-Am Games fares before spending $1 million to study the ins and outs of submitting an Olympic bid.

CBC.ca

Edited by Sir Rols

I'm not sure how far Karen Stinz can go. I definitely see either John Tory or Olivia Chow winning if one of them enters. I'd prefer John Tory, I wish I had voted for him instead of David Miller when he last ran for mayor.

Yeah, same here. Olivia Chow would be a disaster according to some associates who've worked with her before. Either Karen Stintz or John Tory for me.