How are you Finding Transportation?

Hey all,

We're gearing up to leave for Vancouver on Saturday! Very...VERY pumped. I'm staying in Chilliwack for the duration of the games and am wondering if anyone has been traveling into and out of Vancouver from the Chilliwack/Abbotsford/Mission area? The idea for us is to take West Coast Express every day. Except, on Thursday we have to catch the bus from Simon Fraser for Ariels, and on Saturday we have Team Pursuit Finals at the Oval. We have considered getting a place in Richmond for Friday night to crash...but I'd MUCH rather to back to my uncles house in Chilliwack if possible.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on what our best options would be? How have the line-ups for West Coast Express been leaving downtown? Are there certain times of the day when transportation is lighter? Can we make it from Chilliwack to the Richmond Oval by car in less than 2 hours? Any thoughts on where to park?

Your thoughts are very much appreciated :)

I could not answer about your specific case, but i would like to contribute regarding downtown transportation & connexion to Whistler.

It works very well... amazingly !

I was the first to warn about transport for months thinking it was the dark horse of VANOC !

But no huge queue downtown to get in the Skytrains (at max i waited 15 minutes to board, because of regulation).

Very easy to get in Lonsdale Quay into an Olympic Bus Network to Whistler (It even left 10 minutes before schedule...) and no problem to get back (We were in a bus 5 minutes after reaching the hub in Whistler Olympic Parl).

And not so much trafic dowtown, the buses drive well...

So great job regarding transportation from my side (i know that there is some problem in whistler to connect venues overthere together).

What's the status of the Canada Line? I'll be using that to get to the Richmond O Zone and to get to the Olympic Line Bombardier streetcar demo.

I'm mainly going to be using SkyTrain and the Canada Line. I'm already anticipating congestion at the Stadium Station and down at Canada Place/Sea Bus Terminal. Actually, all downtown stations.

What's the status of the Canada Line? I'll be using that to get to the Richmond O Zone and to get to the Olympic Line Bombardier streetcar demo.

I'm mainly going to be using SkyTrain and the Canada Line. I'm already anticipating congestion at the Stadium Station and down at Canada Place/Sea Bus Terminal. Actually, all downtown stations.

At pick hours, Downtown, you will have to wait 15 to 30 minutes to get in a train. But you will board in a not too full train, as BC Transit is regulating the flows.

It's the same for the seabus, when returning from a moutain venues. An average 20 minutes wait to board.

Edited by memorabilia

At pick hours, Downtown, you will have to wait 15 to 30 minutes to get in a train. But you will board in a not too full train, as BC Transit is regulating the flows.

It's the same for the seabus, when returning from a moutain venues. An average 20 minutes wait to board.

Hopefully I can time it in-between Hockey Games. I remember leaving a sold out concert at GM Place once and being in a gigantic mob at the Stadium Station.

So is no one else taking the West Coast Express? Maybe I'll be the only one ;)

I'm most worried about how long it's going to take us to catch a train on the way back to Mission. I'm second most worried about how long it will take on Saturday the 27th to get from Chilliwack to Richmond by car.

Any thoughts?

• 6 months later...

Any transportation either road, rail each will acquire something from us if we travel through roadways there will be lot of traffic and also charge will be higher then rail. If you travel from railways you have to wait for longtime for its arrival so any transport we acquire we have to sacrifice something. So it is better if we sit at home and watch games.