New Zealand v British and Irish Lions

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8.10 in the morning isn't that reasonable, especially when you fancy a lie-in on a Saturday morning.

:D Havn't you gotta TV in your Bedroom??? :D

Anyway, I watched the Martin v Jonah game and it started 0630hrs NZWT...furthermore with a hangover and a crowd of Lions supporters in a Rotorua hotel bar!!!

Not likely. The Lions is another one of those great events hoovered up by the greedy swines of Sky. BBC Radio Five Live for me, when I can actually get myself out of bed to switch it on. I am a naturally lazy person, you see.
Not likely. The Lions is another one of those great events hoovered up by the greedy swines of Sky. BBC Radio Five Live for me, when I can actually get myself out of bed to switch it on. I am a naturally lazy person, you see.

???

Yeah we've got Sky over here aswell, but it's really cheap to have compaired to UK.(and if you look for it, bootleg decoding programmes.

Lions move to New Plymouth tomorrow for the mid-week match with Taranaki.  

It's NZ's Queens Birthday holiday today.

:) Fulltime in New Plymouth!!

Lions 36

Taranaki 14

Bloody Cold Night!!!!!  

I hope your gratefull SKY UK subscribers!!! :angry:

Tucked up in your warm beds in the morning.

Everyone is piling into Hamilton today as the first BIG match of the tour approaches.

Already the NZRU is hailing the tour a success, and the first test is still ages away.

THE MIGHTY ALL BLACKS DEFEAT FIJI  91-0

What a match! Sivivatu! i love you! you are my god! It’s great to finally see a Fijian winger that can pass the ball. It was surprising to see how the AB's were moving the ball so effortless across the field, some of the passing was a bit doggy to start (Kelleher). Dan Carter sure looked to be really enjoying his left wing position and this first try was just beautiful. When it comes to kicking Carter is our Wilkinson (tho he just doesn’t need to stick out this hands). The AB’s back line was really playing like the wallabies back line tonight, just moving the ball so quickly.

Sitiveni Sivivatu is our king.

This is doubt a huuuuge confidence booster but I don’t underestimate the lions at all, it is going to be tough. The Maori match will be interesting.

On a different note, I wish the Lions came out here every year, Hamilton has just come alive, its amazing, the city is decked out in NZ Flags, All Blacks Flags, Union Jacks, St. George’s and Andrews Cross, Welsh and Irish Flags just everywhere along Victoria street. The central City mall has been turned into a Lions – All Blacks mega store. There are support the AB’s billboards and huge banners on buildings as well as silver fern banners along the Main street and others with ones saying “GO NZ” and “Lions Supporters, Make Your Self 100% At Home”. The game is sold out, they have had to add 5,000 temporary seats to Waikato Stadium. I haven’t got tickets to the match so I’m going into town with a whole lot of mates to watch the match but I have tickets to the Auckland test match at Eden Park which is going to be amazing.

(P.S congats to my girls the Waikato – Bay of Plenty Magic who just became the first north island team ever to win the Netball National Bank Cup after the Southern Sings 6 year domination of the cup)

Another All Black winger who should be playing for someone else? Whatever next.

Is that jealousy I detect? Sivivatu has been playing in the NPC and Super 12 for 4 years. As for Rokocoko, his family immigrated to NZ when he was 5, same for Sosene Anesi. Most of NZ pacific players were either born in NZ or immigrated with their families.

:) A good warm up for the AB's, however not the work out that they could have had if the likes of Argentina or "Pacifica" had've played.  Still practise none the less.
Another All Black winger who should be playing for someone else? Whatever next.

Is that jealousy I detect? Sivivatu has been playing in the NPC and Super 12 for 4 years. As for Rokocoko, his family immigrated to NZ when he was 5, same for Sosene Anesi. Most of NZ pacific players were either born in NZ or immigrated with their families.

Not at all. Just observing a trend of New Zealand teams.

...Not at all. Just observing a trend of New Zealand teams.

:D VICTORY!!!! :D

Full Time in Hamilton:-

NEW ZEALAND MAORI ALL BLACKS 19

BRITISH AND IRISH LIONS 13

What a game!!!  The first time we didn't hear the Lion's fans roar!!!

First time NZ Maori AB's have beaten the Lions.  All it took was the arrival of Carlos Spencer onto the field and the whole face of the game changed.  The Lions lacked discipline when it mattered and will have to vastly improve tactics if they want to stay competitive against an obviously rampant All Black side in a fortnight.

:sweet:

Well, that took you a while.

I'm not going to deny that was a setback for us. But I'd be very careful if I were you. All these games, ultimately, mean absolutely nothing. What matters is what happens starting in Christchurch in two weeks time.

Besides, I seem to recall the All Blacks have a habit of failing when it matters most.

Well, that took you a while.

I'm not going to deny that was a setback for us. But I'd be very careful if I were you. All these games, ultimately, mean absolutely nothing. What matters is what happens starting in Christchurch in two weeks time.

Besides, I seem to recall the All Blacks have a habit of failing when it matters most.

:P WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOHOO :P

Someone dosen't like loosing!!!

It looks like the LIONS failed when it mattered the most!!!

The reason why it's taken me so long to reply?

I was out partying in Hamilton after being at the game and soaking up the atmosphere, and still manged to get the Balmy Army supporters to sing.  

This will be the last time I'll see the Lions "live" at the ground and I have totally enjoyed every bit of it.

Got a funny feeling that you wished you were out here arwebb? :laughlong:

Enjoying the sights, sounds and bars of Hamilton? I should think so as well.

You're bloody right I don't like losing. I hate losing. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't get carried away. The important games start in Christchurch 14 days hence.

And you're right on the other bit as well. I wish I was out there. Unfortunately, I won't get there on my current salary.

I agree with arwebb, the test matches will be different but I wouldn’t say the provincial matches mean absolutely nothing. Yes the Lions test team will be different but it’s a huge confidence booster to see the Lions struggle against Argentina’s C team and NZ Maori.

I haven't said the Test matches mean nothing either.  :D

Seriously, though, this tour will be judged on the Test matches. They are what matter. Four of our biggest stars haven't featured yet and I'm looking forward to them starting on Wednesday.

I haven't said the Test matches mean nothing either.  :D

Seriously, though, this tour will be judged on the Test matches. They are what matter. Four of our biggest stars haven't featured yet and I'm looking forward to them starting on Wednesday.

:) Now that I'm wide awake again, I can definatly see the Lions Management wheeling out the big guns for the first of the premier division sides.  Prehaps a little early after the jolt they received by the NZ Maori ABs.

This is now the start of the hard games, and, apart from Southland, will be uphill all the way to July.  Hopefully we'll see Johnny brought out to fire.

I take it that it was a long, heavy night.

I suppose, given the various individual circumstances, this is the first game that these four guys will be have been able to take part in.

I understand Wilkinson has had a knock (don't think it was anything too serious), Back was banned by the RFU after an incident playing for Leicester in the Premiership final, Robinson has been with his pregnant wife and Thomas has only just finished his club season in France. Good to see them out there. I think we're now getting a bit closer to knowing the Test team, assuming they do the business.

:) Lions verses Lions tonight in Wellington.

It may still be only 0910hrs NZWST as I write this but I'll bet nzolympic has aready taken his seat in Westpac Stadium!!! :D

:( BI & I Lions 23

Wellington  6

A totally lacklustre performance from both sides.

Hate to be the producers who would have to edit the DVD highlites of this boring game.

Wellington really threw this one in typical capital city fashion.

:sleepy: Yawn! :sleepy:

Important we got back on track with a victory. The reports I heard suggested we dominated much of the game.

:) Yeah, but the Lions can, and should've, played better!

Archived