Skiing Alpine

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Lindsey Vonn winning the Gold medal in Women's Downhill. The Americans also take Silver with Mancuso.

This is turning out to be a great day for the USA. They also just won 2 more medals in the Men's 1000m Long Track Speed Skating. And they will probably win more medals in the Men's Halfpipe.

Congrats to Lindsey Vonn winning the Gold medal in Women's Downhill. The Americans also take Silver with Mancuso.

This is turning out to be a great day for the USA. They also just won 2 more medals in the Men's 1000m Long Track Speed Skating. And they will probably win more medals in the Men's Halfpipe.

Shhhhh! The poor Americanos probably aren't even aware of it yet - until they get their tape delayed NBC pronouncement of it.

Most Americans who cared did already know. It was on the frontpage of Yahoo and the top story on NBCOlympics.com. Also during the NBC Evening News they showed it. (They put up a graphic and played music, so that way, viewers that didn't want to be spoiled could look away.) ESPN also frequently reported the result. Which is what makes the NBC tape delays pointless.

Most Americans who cared did already know. It was on the frontpage of Yahoo and the top story on NBCOlympics.com. Also during the NBC Evening News they showed it. (They put up a graphic and played music, so that way, viewers that didn't want to be spoiled could look away.) ESPN also frequently reported the result. Which is what makes the NBC tape delays pointless.

I'm sure a lot of fans are restraining themselves. I've been noticing on the board here, it's obvious when the NBC coverage finishes - you get an influx of Americans here all within a few minutes hours after silence all day when the events are on.

I'm sure a lot of fans are restraining themselves. I've been noticing on the board here, it's obvious when the NBC coverage finishes - you get an influx of Americans here all within a few minutes hours after silence all day when the events are on.

You got that right! At least I'm in NY so the delay isn't as bad as home in LA, but I have to stay focused on work and STAY OFF LINE and avoid news until I can get to my hotel and start watching coverage at 8pm here. It totally sucks to accidentally see a result before the events air.

WHAT A DAY!

It's retarded that NBC isn't showing it live. I'd hate to see a result online first before viewing it on television. It takes all the fun out of it when you already know the ending result. I feel for you guys but on the bright side the USA are doing amazing in the medal table.