Carnaval

danfla

Well, there isn't much going on in Rio, I guess...although I read somewhere that Rio's street Caranaval may surpass the Salvador one as the Largest Street Party in the world. So, go us?

And in mid-March Cape Town will be celebrating Carnaval, too!

I was thinking about this when I was riding the bus today. It would be awesome if the Parade of Nations in the 2016 OC happened to the sound of samba. It would certainly help the audience to keep cheering till the end. If the they can keep people dancing and cheering for 7 straight hours in the Sambódromo, they can get people to cheer for 1h45min in Maracanã.

And be sure to drop by, Sir Roltel. We'd love to have fellow Gamebidders here!

Tonight, the Samba School I support (or I back or I cheer for), Mangueira, will pass through the sambodrome.

I'm sure this year Mangueira will be the champions of Carnaval!!!

For our fellow friends abroad, the Rio de Janeiro Carnaval parade is a competition, when judges gives grades to many aspects of the parade: samba, costumes, the way the "flag bearer" couple is dancing, creativity and the list goes on...

That's why the carnaval is so serious for cariocas and also for those who participate in Samba Schools all around Brazil (there are Samba School parade in many states, including Sao Paulo).

And that's why also we can see a lot of semi-naked woman in the sambadrome! To convince the judge, semi-naked woman always help!!! LOL

And only semi-naked (top less) because to be completely naked is a fellony according to the Brazilian law.

I think it will be nice if they do it like they did in Rio 2007: No specific segment about Carnaval but having it dissolved all along the ceremonies in a very classy and natural way. So, no half naked people B)

True, in the Rio 2007 we didn't have semi-naked woman...

True, in the Rio 2007 we didn't have semi-naked woman...

For our country's reputation sake, I'm glad it didn't :)

Oh, I wish I could watch the PanAm ceremony again! All my souveniers from the OC (the program book and the special ticket) were thrown away by the maid ¬¬

Also for our friends abroad, a little video from Beija-Flor Samba School parade yesterday.

Each Samba School have a theme to show to the audience. Beija-Flor choose the anniversary of 50 years of Brasilia, capital of Brazil.

You can see that the costumes shows since the discovery of Brazil til the construction of the city.

All samba schools must present a historical or educational theme. Carnaval is also culture

Enjoy the beautiful images:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oVvM9d1sG-s

Indeed, the first images show the part of the parade that tells how Portuguese killed the Goyazes indians when they explored the interior of Brazil. The car with a portuguese explorer like an hell is paying tribute to Anhanguera (the devil in Tupi language). Indians thought that the Portuguese were the devil in Earth because they have fire on hands (revolvers).

And Tonight my beautiful Portela will parade! The Proud Eagle of Madureira in all of its White and Blue Glory! :D

And Mo, one of the greatest lessons in life is that size doesn't matter, just how much fun you can have with what you've got does! =D

Tonight is day for Estação Primeira de

Mangueira

Go Mangueira!!! Time to be champions!!!

mangueira had been bad the past years, this yr will be between Imperatriz Salgueiro and Beija Flor (infelizmente)

what suucks is that i dont understand what they are singing and word idk haha and GloboInternational is delayed a few hrs and its expensiveee

what suucks is that i dont understand what they are singing

Me too. Some sing too fast. Others have too many unusual words and weird indigenous vocabulary. The samba-enredos (the theme songs of each school) were so much better, creative and kinda legendary before...

Me too. Some sing too fast. Others have too many unusual words and weird indigenous vocabulary. The samba-enredos (the theme songs of each school) were so much better, creative and kinda legendary before...

Agree. Some changes happened because Rio's carnival became a product to sell. Business. This is dangerous for the event.

And today, in fact, 10 minutes from now, we'll know which school will bre crowned champion and which school will be demoted. If there'sw any justice in the world, Unidos da Tijuca will win. And I kinda fear the fate of my beloved Portela. Her parade was so...bland.

Unidos da Tijuca won! Finally! Paulo Barros deserved this title SO BAD! And my Portela somehow managed to stay in the Grupo Especial! Oh, the joy!

Archived