The drought is over!

For Johnny Spillane, a silver medal in the nordic combined might as well have been good as gold.

The 31-year old skier from Steamboat Springs, Colorado made history by becoming the first American medalist in the event by finishing second to France's Jason Lamy-Chappuis on Sunday, February 14. Italy's Alessandro Pittin took home the bronze.

More...

Not gonna lie, there is a drought I would much, much more like to see end tonight.

Anyway, the finish sprint from Jason Lamy-Chappuis was just insane! The competition was quite the show.

Also, not mentioned by anyone, Italy also just broke the exact same drought.

And Jason, in my view, is a traitor for skiing for a country outside his birthplace.

And Jason, in my view, is a traitor for skiing for a country outside his birthplace.

A traitor? I don't think.. His mother is American and his Father is French, he was born in america but he lives in france during all his life... He is French...

Give us back the medals won by foreign-born Americans and we'll give you back that one :rolleyes:

Beside, the fact is that Lamy-Chappuis is a product of the French system, just as (and I hate to admit it) Begg-Smith is a product of Australia's system.

Tulsa and fox334, while I respect your responses, my stance on him stays as it is. And it won't budge at all until he decides to jump ship and join the US Olympic Team. If he was born in France and not Missoula, MT this would be a moot point of discussion.

Edited by Hachiko

Tulsa and fox334, while I respect your responses, my stance on him stays as it is. And it won't budge at all until he decides to jump ship and join the US Olympic Team. If he was born in France and not Missoula, MT this would be a moot point of discussion.

Well, can we get Steve Mesler back, then? Not to mention traitor Tenith Belbin. And should Paul Stastny be kicked out of the US Olympic team because he was born in Quebec?

Well, can we get Steve Mesler back, then? Not to mention traitor Tenith Belbin. And should Paul Stastny be kicked out of the US Olympic team because he was born in Quebec?

For those three, it was their choice. But as I see it, it was a bad choice for Jason to choose the French, because we all know that the French are solid in disciplines like this and others at these Winter Games in comparison to the USA. I bring this up because a decisive majority of readers on a poll I brought up thought that Dale Begg-Smith was also a reincarnated form of Judas:

See here.

Sanya Richards, Nastia Liukin, Kerron Clement, Bernard Lagat, Meb Keflezhigi, Tanith Belbin. All naturalized. I think the balance weighs pretty heavily toward the USA. I have no issues with Lamy-Chappuis. None whatsoever.

Sanya Richards, Nastia Liukin, Kerron Clement, Bernard Lagat, Meb Keflezhigi, Tanith Belbin. All naturalized. I think the balance weighs pretty heavily toward the USA. I have no issues with Lamy-Chappuis. None whatsoever.

There's that Austrian skier who moved to Spain.

In this year's pairs, Yuko Kavaguti from Japan, became a Russian citizen in order to skate pairs (w/ Smirnov). But as (I think) Tracy McCall said last night: who defects to Russia? :blink: Annasina-what's-her-name, ex-Russian, paired w/ Frenchman Gwendel Pezerat for France.

Whereas the Reed siblings (children of an American father and a Japanese mom) now skate in Ice Dance for Japan.

Remember the Duscheney siblings (Isabel and Paul)? They forsook Canada to skate for France.

Just learned that Gretchky has dual US and Canadian citizenship, as does his family.

Just too many to all list.

There's that Austrian skier who moved to Spain.

In this year's pairs, Yuko Kavaguti from Japan, became a Russian citizen in order to skate pairs (w/ Smirnov). But as (I think) Tracy McCall said last night: who defects to Russia? :blink: Annasina-what's-her-name, ex-Russian, paired w/ Frenchman Gwendel Pezerat for France.

Whereas the Reed siblings (children of an American father and a Japanese mom) now skate in Ice Dance for Japan.

Remember the Duscheney siblings (Isabel and Paul)? They forsook Canada to skate for France.

Just learned that Gretchky has dual US and Canadian citizenship, as does his family.

Just too many to all list.

I wonder how the Reeds will do in ice dance. Alas, we shall save it for another topic, baron.