• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Russian is so obnoxious and his jumps looked like hell in the long.....not to mention his sleazy excruciatingly unappealing gyrations. ewwwww. p.s. please hit my negative reputation button, I wan

Question: are you Russian? Better question: do you even know why Yuko "defected" to Russia? It's because Japan doesn't have a pairs skating program of any value, and since 1998 her dream has been to w

If they gave a gold for being a douche, Plushenko would have won. Those Russians are a nightmare, such poor sports..........welcome to Sochi everyone!

You made us all proud! Thank you Scott and Tess!!! Congratulations!!!!! The hotties win!

And considering our medal drought, this gold makes it all so much sweeter. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come in the days left.

Rudi Cerne, the commentator of ZDF (Second German TV-channel) (Rudi Cerne was figure skater back in the late seventies/early eighties (Silver at the European Championships 1984)), said that the free programme of Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir was a "jewel in the crown" of figure skating - they floated over the ice like to feathers...

image-61855-galleryV9-wdyb.jpg

Well done to US and Canada. The Russians have been silenced.

Well done to US and Canada. The Russians have been silenced.

Congrats to Virtue & Moir -- they were the best in all 3 nights; and to Davis & White - 2nd best. I hope they stick around for 2014; but the Russians will be back w/ a vengeance on their home soil. I wonder how all those expatriate (Russian) coaches will guide their foreign wards knowing that 2014 will be on their ex-home soil.

As I said, Belbin & Agosto were the sacrificial lambs this year. The judges could NOT leave out Domina-Shabalin.

Robin Cousins 1980 olympic champion said that Virtue and Moir have the potential to make people not remember Torvil and Dean. tonight's free dance according to him were Virtue and Moir's own Bolero

just imagine north american pairs in ice dance prior to 2010 have only placed thrice. 1976, 1988 and 2006. bronze in '76 and '88 and silver in '06. finally this year we have 2 north american teams occupying the top and the second highest step of the podium.

The Ladies' Short Program Event has just started. And the Pacific Coliseum looks somewhat...empty? :blink:

Just backtracking a bit...so, were Belbin & Agosto downgraded for political reasons or did they regress & the other 3 couples REALLY ADVANCE more than they did?

A double-triple-quintuple salcow awaits the right answer!! :lol:

Will all 3-medal couples be back for a 2nd showdown in Sochi or is Shabalin too old now?

Just backtracking a bit...so, were Belbin & Agosto downgraded for political reasons or did they regress & the other 3 couples REALLY ADVANCE more than they did?

A double-triple-quintuple salcow awaits the right answer!! :lol:

Will all 3-medal couples be back for a 2nd showdown in Sochi or is Shabalin too old now?

If you look at the skates, clearly Davis/White and Virtue/Moir were by far the best and much better than Belbin/Agosto. The Russians gained the primary upper hand in that they are technically better than Belbin/Agosto, which was reflected in the CD. And also on higher GOE for many of the elements. As entertainment and enjoyment, Belbin/Agosto were more entertaining and enjoyable. But its not what judging is based on, if that was the case Bourne/Kraatz would have two medals.

Miki Ando would need to suck it up for that to happen. This competition can still go two ways, Korea-Japan-Japan or Korea-Japan-Canada

I think Asada has put enough distance on things that if she skates safe (no quad or triple axel attempts) she will win silver.

Edited by Faster

Rochette will contend for medal in the Free Skate with that score. She was amazing pulling off a great performance after the death of her mother.

It was a truely inspiring skate by Joannie. It was so courageous. I am so proud of her, for coming out and skating through the pain. Joannie is a true champion of these olympics, regardless of what the results may be. Her skate was not one I will soon forget.

I hope there is no "expectation" in Canada that Joannie Rochette wins a medal - after the short programme everybody saw how she feels and I think it is for her hard enough to participate at all...

I don't care if she wins a medal. She can finish last, for all I am concerned about the marks. She is a brave, and incredible young woman. I admire her courage, and I pray that she will have the strength to skate well in the free skate on Thursday for her Mom. For that reason alone, she is a champion. Its got nothing to do with results.

I don't care if she wins a medal. She can finish last, for all I am concerned about the marks. She is a brave, and incredible young woman. I admire her courage, and I pray that she will have the strength to skate well in the free skate on Thursday for her Mom. For that reason alone, she is a champion. Its got nothing to do with results.

very well said!