• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Russian is so obnoxious and his jumps looked like hell in the long.....not to mention his sleazy excruciatingly unappealing gyrations. ewwwww. p.s. please hit my negative reputation button, I wan

Question: are you Russian? Better question: do you even know why Yuko "defected" to Russia? It's because Japan doesn't have a pairs skating program of any value, and since 1998 her dream has been to w

If they gave a gold for being a douche, Plushenko would have won. Those Russians are a nightmare, such poor sports..........welcome to Sochi everyone!

Plushenko says might quit sports after Olympic silver

Russia's Evgeni Plushenko, who hoped to become the first repeat men's Olympic gold medalist since 1952, but won silver in the free skate in Vancouver, said on Friday he might quit sports.

Plushenko, 27, said figure skating has changed and he may quit the sport. "This may be my last competition. We will see," he said.

"It is hard to say anything as I was sure I had won my second Olympics. With the old [judging] system... A quadruple jump is a quadruple jump," he said.

"I'm not ready to skate well and then lose. The [judging] system needs to be changed. This is men's figure skating and not pairs. I am not ready to lose with a quadruple jump."

"It's clear why the judging system was changed because the United States and Canada don't have anyone who can do a quadruple jump," Plushenko said.

But Plushenko said he was happy to return to the ice and skate in Vancouver.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20100219/157937797.html

Plushenko says might quit sports after Olympic silver

Russia's Evgeni Plushenko, who hoped to become the first repeat men's Olympic gold medalist since 1952, but won silver in the free skate in Vancouver, said on Friday he might quit sports.

Plushenko, 27, said figure skating has changed and he may quit the sport. "This may be my last competition. We will see," he said.

"It is hard to say anything as I was sure I had won my second Olympics. With the old [judging] system... A quadruple jump is a quadruple jump," he said.

"I'm not ready to skate well and then lose. The [judging] system needs to be changed. This is men's figure skating and not pairs. I am not ready to lose with a quadruple jump."

"It's clear why the judging system was changed because the United States and Canada don't have anyone who can do a quadruple jump," Plushenko said.

But Plushenko said he was happy to return to the ice and skate in Vancouver.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20100219/157937797.html

<_<

He could simply have said: "All my landings were shaky today so I didn't deserve it, even with the quad. Evan was the best and I'd like to congratulate him". I guess not...

And I'm impressed with how much power the USA and Canada have in the skating world. Joubert also said that the scoring system was designed to give an advantage to the North Americans.

hey, guys...now answer to me how person with weaker skill (he possibly can't jump quad) can be the champion?

"shaking" isn't "failing", right?

Or let's have a look at short programme...or we count shaking only in second programme?

huh...your comment just politisized russophobia

• Like 1

hey, guys...now answer to me how person with weaker skill (he possibly can't jump quad) can be the champion?

Or let's have a look at short programme...or we count shaking only in second programme?

Each elements are given points. Plushenko got more points for his jumping elements because they were more difficult. Lycasek's elements were executed better, so he got more points for the quality of execution. At the end of the day, quality > difficulty, but only barely.

There's nothing "russophobic" about that.

And I can't believe I'm actually defending Lycasek :o

• Like 1

Each elements are given points. Plushenko got more points for his jumping elements because they were more difficult. Lycasek's elements were executed better, so he got more points for the quality of execution. At the end of the day, quality > difficulty, but only barely.

There's nothing "russophobic" about that.

And I can't believe I'm actually defending Lycasek :o

It wasn't adressed to u.

Of course, I would overhaul the scoring system so that:

Costume..............50%

Music................25%

Hairstyle........... 5%%

Interview style.......5%

Facebook/webpage.....10%

Skating ability.......5%

I think that's fair.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

The Russian is so obnoxious and his jumps looked like hell in the long.....not to mention his sleazy excruciatingly unappealing gyrations. ewwwww.

p.s. please hit my negative reputation button, I want to accumulate as many negatives points as possible.

(those Russians are a nightmare, Sochi is going to be about as friendly as a concentration camp.)

Of course, I would overhaul the scoring system so that:

Costume..............50%

Music................25%

Hairstyle........... 5%%

Interview style.......5%

Facebook/webpage.....10%

Skating ability.......5%

I think that's fair.

In this day and age, Facebook/webpage/twitter should be worth AT LEAST 25%!

(those Russians are a nightmare, Sochi is going to be about as friendly as a concentration camp.)

I tell ya....wehn I worked at the UN, they were the most paranoid, unfriendly bunch. Oy! And some of them smelled of vodka showing up at work!!

In this day and age, Facebook/webpage/twitter should be worth AT LEAST 25%!

I skate corrected!!

The Russian is so obnoxious and his jumps looked like hell in the long.....not to mention his sleazy excruciatingly unappealing gyrations. ewwwww.

p.s. please hit my negative reputation button, I want to accumulate as many negatives points as possible.

I don't like his appearence too. But in terms of skating...

I do not think that Sochi olympic games somehow connected with the results of Vancouver. At least judgement is problem of IOC not Canada, canadiens, the USA and americans. Russians are equal to another europeans...

I tell ya....wehn I worked at the UN, they were the most paranoid, unfriendly bunch. Oy! And some of them smelled of vodka showing up at work!!

I skate corrected!!

Have they played balalaika in office? If not they were nor russians))

Take that, Rossiya! Time for a little frozen foxtrot and Coast Mountain Swing!

Virtue and Moir posted a personal best score and are 1 point behind the leaders from Russia after the Compulsory Dance. They've set themselves up nice for their other two dances which are their strongest.

Let's cross our fingers for Canadian Gold here.

It's nice to know Ms.Cleo is an active member here at these boards.

Ya darlin', Miss. Cleo is here for all your prediction needs. But it doesn't take no psychic to know this competition is crookeder than a dogs hind leg. There ain't no way that those Russians should have gotten that score.

Ya darlin', Miss. Cleo is here for all your prediction needs. But it doesn't take no psychic to know this competition is crookeder than a dogs hind leg. There ain't no way that those Russians should have gotten that score.

Yeah I was surprised that they scored better than Davis & White. Virtue & Moir's Compulsory Dance was much better too. I'd even say Belbin & Agosto were better than the Russians.

lol..All I'm saying the Canadians and Americans skated much better tonight. The Gold medal is still up for grabs. Virtue/Moir are more stronger in the Original Dance and Free Dance. I think they'll win the Gold especially on home ice. Canada has to win 1 Gold medal in Figure Skating at these Games.