• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Russian is so obnoxious and his jumps looked like hell in the long.....not to mention his sleazy excruciatingly unappealing gyrations. ewwwww. p.s. please hit my negative reputation button, I wan

Question: are you Russian? Better question: do you even know why Yuko "defected" to Russia? It's because Japan doesn't have a pairs skating program of any value, and since 1998 her dream has been to w

If they gave a gold for being a douche, Plushenko would have won. Those Russians are a nightmare, such poor sports..........welcome to Sochi everyone!

No, it's done in reverse score order meaning Plushenko will be last, and Lysacek will be 2nd to last.

nope. only done like that during grand prix events. during the olympics and world its doen through a blind draw.

here's the start order:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skating/results-and-schedules/event=FSM010000/index.html

in torino, plushenko skated first in the final group and he was in first. in nagano for the ladies even, michelle kwan who was first after the short skated first in the final flight. in 1994 in lillehammer, nancy kerrigan who was the leader going into the free program skated 2nd followed by baiul. for the ladies event in torino sasha cohen who was first after the short skated 2nd, arakawa followed and slutskaya skated last.

That’s good I missed the last two groups last night as it got to late. Or should I say early.

i may have confused you there. both them will be part of the last group. lysace will skate first and plushenko will skate last.

I was so disapointed by Lambiel's score. I had such high hopes for him. I hope he'll do better with his long program.

No comments on the Figure Skating Topic minutes before the Men's Final? How odd! But what's even stranger is the fact that Figure Skating (or, as we say here Patinação Artística) is in the Brazilian trending topics of Twitter! That's amazing! And nobody really knows how! Guess Vancouver e doing something for the ice sports down here! XD

No comments on the Figure Skating Topic minutes before the Men's Final? How odd! But what's even stranger is the fact that Figure Skating (or, as we say here Patinação Artística) is in the Brazilian trending topics of Twitter! That's amazing! And nobody really knows how! Guess Vancouver e doing something for the ice sports down here! XD

How annoyed am I having to watch it on the Eurovision song contest website without ant commentary because the BBC art showing it grrrrrrreeeeeeee

How annoyed am I having to watch it on the Eurovision song contest website without any commentary because the BBC aren’t showing it grrrrrrreeeeeeee

If it's any consolation, I'll be forced to watch everybody from the last group (aka the most likely medalists) on the Internet because the tv is stopping figure skating in a few moments to start broadcasting the snowboard finals. :(

It's true, they've got the same marks for their Program Components, 82.40. Evan beat Plushenko on Techinical.

I have to say that I think this new scoring system is an improvement. It may be complicated, but it does a good job of trying to evaluate every aspect of a program as carefully as possible. It is MUCH less subjective than the old system. Most importantly -- the right athletes are winning the medals. I've felt that way throughout the GP season and through the Olympics as well.

THRILLED that Lysacek won. Somewhat disappointed that he skated so carefully. Would have preferred to see a little more fire and freedom. A little surprised they gave him a level 4 on his circular step sequence. It's been a 3 all year. Then again they awarded Plushenko a level 3 where previously he's gotten a 2. Plushenko was definitely not his best either. It was clear that whoever won, the margin of victory would be small. Personally, I believe Lysacek totally deserves his gold.

Glad for Johnny Weir's personal victory, but it's true that the transitions and choreography were nowhere near the complexity of the other skaters. I think his placing was pretty fair, though I think his performance/execution score and his skating skills should have been higher.

Really irritated with some of the naysayers (Elvis Stojko). For heaven's sake -- look at something other than the quad. Yes, he did a quad. I'm sorry that's not a gold medal by default. His choreography was bizarre and he's lucky he scored as well as he did in the Program Components. There's no way Plushenko and Lysacek should have been tied in that area. Lysacek was OBVIOUSLY stronger. As for the jumps, Evan landed 12, most of which were in the second half of the program. Plushenko landed 11 (including the lauded quad), most of them in the first half of the program. Plushenko was noticeably awkward on multiple jumps.

Stojko claims that this means young skaters will say "We don't have to do jumps. All we have to do is spins and fancy footwork." That's garbage and it's really minimizing what Lysacek has accomplished. Lysacek won on Technical Elements -- not Program Components (where he should have been scored higher as well). This wasn't a triumph of "dancing" over athleticism. Stojko was a jumper lacking in artistry. It's no surprise that he would side with Plushenko. The truth is, all the athletes know the rules before they structure their programs. Plushenko could have moved a jump or two to the second half of his program and that would have made the difference. He chose not to. He knew what he was risking. As for the choreography, I maintain that he should count himself lucky he wasn't marked down for ridiculous gyrating hips.

Here's the link to Stojko's obnoxious editorial:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/figure_skating/news?slug=es-thoughts021810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Really irritated with some of the naysayers (Elvis Stojko). For heaven's sake -- look at something other than the quad. Yes, he did a quad. I'm sorry that's not a gold medal by default. His choreography was bizarre and he's lucky he scored as well as he did in the Program Components. There's no way Plushenko and Lysacek should have been tied in that area. Lysacek was OBVIOUSLY stronger. As for the jumps, Evan landed 12, most of which were in the second half of the program. Plushenko landed 11 (including the lauded quad), most of them in the first half of the program. Plushenko was noticeably awkward on multiple jumps.

Stojko claims that this means young skaters will say "We don't have to do jumps. All we have to do is spins and fancy footwork." That's garbage and it's really minimizing what Lysacek has accomplished. Lysacek won on Technical Elements -- not Program Components (where he should have been scored higher as well). This wasn't a triumph of "dancing" over athleticism. Stojko was a jumper lacking in artistry. It's no surprise that he would side with Plushenko. The truth is, all the athletes know the rules before they structure their programs. Plushenko could have moved a jump or two to the second half of his program and that would have made the difference. He chose not to. He knew what he was risking. As for the choreography, I maintain that he should count himself lucky he wasn't marked down for ridiculous gyrating hips.

Here's the link to Stojko's obnoxious editorial:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/figure_skating/news?slug=es-thoughts021810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

i agree. i didn't dare finish reading the article because it was full of ranting. but again, elvis is a technical skater and hasn't been highly regarded for his artistic side that's why the article is so one sided. when i started reading it, my instant reaction was will you reward and badly skated program will lots of shaky jumps and no artistry at all?

if plushenko can just be a graceful runner-up. his response to interviews are really irritating and projected a poor sportsman persona and arrogance. shame on him.

now, this scoring system must be fixed. this new CoP has simply alienated fans and made programs looked similar too each other. no more uniqueness that was enjoyed during the 6.0 system. i guess that's what you get for having a speed skater run figure skating.

ice dance compulsory dance later. go canada!