Long Track Speed Skating

Well, we sure found out one thing at Richmond: the world's fastest speed skaters (doping tests pending) are from East Asia.

I was there today

Hard to believe that they had a Zamboni problem. No backup.

The event start at 15h30 and I had ticket after for the medal ceremony (Quebec night (I'm from Quebec) and medal ceremony for Bilodeau (the first ever gold for Canada when hosting the games)so I want to be there).

Guest what ?

Speed Skating finish at 20h00, so I was never able to make in time for BC Place. :angry:

Bad luck for me ?

I had ticket for Alpine Skiing sunday and it was postponed for thursday

Guess what ?

I have Speed Skating amd a Canada Hokey Game that thursday, so I will not be able to be in Whistler that day. :angry:

I hope the rest of the Games will be OK for me.

The results have spoken: the world's fastest speed skaters on the long track are from Korea.

Zamboni: Faulty Winter Olympics ice machines weren't ours

the venerable Zamboni is innocent. The boxy vehicle is mostly absent from this year's game. In fact, it's another rival ice-smoothing company named Olympia that's causing all the sturm and drang.

Olympia won the contract for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, which has been plagued by miscues ranging from the malfunctioning Olympic torch to the breakdown of three Olympia machines at the speedskating events.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_14421587

Zamboni: Faulty Winter Olympics ice machines weren't ours

the venerable Zamboni is innocent. The boxy vehicle is mostly absent from this year's game. In fact, it's another rival ice-smoothing company named Olympia that's causing all the sturm and drang.

Olympia won the contract for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, which has been plagued by miscues ranging from the malfunctioning Olympic torch to the breakdown of three Olympia machines at the speedskating events.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_14421587

Doesn't really matter now who's machine, though. Zamboni's got publicity out of this it could only dream of. Of course, when you're brand name's just about a generic noun for ice machines anyway, it's hot that they need it.

Congratulations Christine and Canada!

So Canada - are we even and call we call it quits for Aussie Dale Begg-Smith now?

Well, at least she didn't get rich selling spam :P

She ain't Aussie. Lived her since she was two, doesn't speak Aussie, doesn't pretend to be Aussie and is proudly Canadian.

Its not American Pain or American Del Bosco. They are Canadian, stop claiming them. We don't claim begg-smith.

Yeah, but NOBODY likes DBS - even us really. But Christine seems like such a nice Aussie girl!

:P