UEFA Champions League.

Barcelona now are like Real Madrid a few years ago - a massive attacking threat, but I think they are beatable.

It would also appear from the television pictures I saw last night that the Chelsea players and staff conducted themselves with a lot more dignity and class than certain individuals on the Barcelona side did in defeat last year.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tottemham is just like Everton . They will strugle to survive in Europe. BTW , Mikel , Rob , unless you forgoten , Arsneal have a almost 100% home record , not mention Arsneal 's pitch is smaller . And like Beckham said its hard to win at Highbury . Face it , Madrid . Move aside for Barcelona  :blues:

Madrid certainly will not win tonight if they don't play any better than what they did in the first leg.

I would also give Tottenham more of a chance of doing well in Europe than Everton, because I think they are a better side (in league formats at least).

Tottemham is just like Everton . They will strugle to survive in Europe. BTW , Mikel , Rob , unless you forgoten , Arsneal have a almost 100% home record , not mention Arsneal 's pitch is smaller . And like Beckham said its hard to win at Highbury . Face it , Madrid . Move aside for Barcelona  

We are nothing like Everton really NYCD 2012. Everton relied on tried and tested players at the end of their careers and ground out 1-0 wins every week. We, on the other hand, have a giant squad whose average age is something like 22-23, a number of very promising young English players, and no fewer than nine young players out on loan gaining experience in the lower leagues. Everton peaked last season and don't have the funds to sustain a challenge. If Jol can keep our squad together we'll peak in the next 4-5 years and, on top of that, we do have funds to bring in more players if necessay.

The future's bright.

As for Arse***, it will not be easy for them to win, certainly not as easy as you seem to be making out anyway! Real Madrid surely won't play that badly again. It will be tight but if Madrid score one the tie is wide open.

I have to agree with you there, Rob. I can't believe Madrid will be as poor again tonight as they were two weeks ago. There is surely too much quality in that team not to make it more difficult for Arsenal.

And as for Spurs, as long as they don't draw Grimsby away in any cup competitions in the near future, they'll be fine.

Vital away goal for Benfica at Anfield as Simao doubles their lead against Liverpool. The holders now need to score three after hitting the woodwork and having a penalty appeal turned down.

Bayern Munich have pulled one back against Milan.

Surely all over for PSV, who've had Phillip Cocu sent off and trail Lyon 2-0 on the night (3-0 agg) at half-time.

Similarly, you can't really see a way back for defending champions Liverpool who trail Benfica 2-0 on aggregate, despite hitting the post twice.

Arsenal have wasted great chances to seal their tie with Real Madrid. Goalless at the break.

Milan and Bayern Munich is anyone's with the Italians leading 2-1. Another Munich goal would give them the edge on away goals.

Holders Liverpool are out, beaten 2-0 at Anfield by Benfica. Lyon ran out comfortable 4-0 winners over PSV, while Milan beat Bayern Munich 4-1.

Don't be taken in by the final 0-0 scoreline between Arsenal and Real Madrid. Arsenal should have put the tie beyond doubt well before the final whistle.

So far, two Italian teams, two Spanish sides, an English, French and Portuguese club in the last eight.

Arsenal thoroughly deserve their spot in the last eight and they do have the potential to go further, though I don't think they can win it. I'm afraid Liverpool got a lesson in finishing.

As for the tournament, I'll say it again - I do think Barcelona are beatable. If Arsenal don't get to the final, I'd love to see a Barcelona v AC Milan showdown in Paris. What a final that would be.

Arsenal thoroughly deserve their spot in the last eight and they do have the potential to go further, though I don't think they can win it. I'm afraid Liverpool got a lesson in finishing.

As for the tournament, I'll say it again - I do think Barcelona are beatable. If Arsenal don't get to the final, I'd love to see a Barcelona v AC Milan showdown in Paris. What a final that would be.

Anyone but Arsenal...I can't bear them.

So far, two Italian teams, two Spanish sides, an English, French and Portuguese club in the last eight.

No, no. So far, two Italian teams, two Spanish sides, two French sides and a Portuguese club are in the last eight.

:cry:

No, no. So far, two Italian teams, two Spanish sides, two French sides and a Portuguese club are in the last eight.

You are not alone with your pain. I am still not over the loss of Werder against Juventus. So sad, so sad.

Don't be so bitter. It's not as if the Liverpool and Everton situation of last season is going to happen again.

Don't be so bitter. It's not as if the Liverpool and Everton situation of last season is going to happen again.

It could Arsneal and Tottemhan Coldspurs , I mean boling spurs or HotHotHot Spurs

Good luck to FC Barcona and Villarreal FC! :wink: Do you think we will see a Spanish victory this year?

Archived