UEFA Champions League.

Juventus 0 - 0 Arsenal

Barcelona 2 - 0 Benfica

Arsenal eased passed Juventus (who finished with ten men) to reach the semi-finals together with favourites Barcelona, AC Milan and Villarreal.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will we see a Spanish final in Paris? :wwww:

GO FC BARCELONA AND VILLARREAL CF!!!

PS. Villarreal only have 48,000 inhabitants and they beated a city of more than 3 million inhabitants  :laughlong:

Thats probably because a football game is between 11 players on both sides...

To prove I'm not necessarily anti-Spanish, I hope both Villarreal and Barça make it to the final. Why? Well, I hate Arsenal and love the kind of football Barça is capable of.

Having said that, I fear we'll see a Milan - Arsenal final.

The big rival for Barça this year was Chelsea, and they're already at home, so Barça has already one foot in Paris.

We'll see where will finish Villarreal... :rolleyes:

Barcelona have a tough tie in the semi-final against Milan. They are favourites, but they do not, by any means, have one foot in the final.

As for Arsenal v Villarreal, I don't think this tie will be anything like as easy as some blinkered Arsenal fans might try to make out. Still, I think they should have enough, over the two games, to get to the final.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Barcelona have one foot in the final now, winning 1-0 in Milan in a fast paced game.  I don't see how Milan will be able to come back from this in Spain next week - though stranger things have happened!

AC Milan 0 - 1 Barcelona

I think Barcelona have one foot in the final now, winning 1-0 in Milan in a fast paced game.  I don't see how Milan will be able to come back from this in Spain next week - though stranger things have happened!

AC Milan 0 - 1 Barcelona

Yeah, I think Barcelona has now one finger touching the cup... FC Barcelona has defeated Chelsea and Milan, two of the strongest European teams.

And for Villarreal, I don't know, like Stu has said, stranger things have happened! :laugh:

If Arse*** beat Villareal and meet Barcelona in the final they'll have to play like they did against Juventus at home to have any chance of beating the Spaniards.

In spells Barcelona were absolutely brilliant last night, and that was in the away leg! Arse*** have been consistent in Europe, but will need to play like the Arse***of 2003/4 to get a result imho.

Then again, it could be an AC - Villareal final. I haven't seen enough of Villiareal to say how likely they are to beat Arse*** though.

Quite a narrow victory at Highbury this evening - the last ever European match to be played there.  There were two disallowed goals for Arsenal, a denied penalty for Villareal and a squirrel on the pitch!

Arsenal 1 - 0 Villareal

Hopefully even Rob will be shouting for A***nal next week!

:;):

Quite a narrow victory at Highbury this evening - the last ever European match to be played there.  There were two disallowed goals for Arsenal, a denied penalty for Villareal and a squirrel on the pitch!

Arsenal 1 - 0 Villareal

WOW, Villarreal has still possibilities! :wwww:

A Spanish Champions League final this year? :oops:

Arsenal 1 - 0 Villareal

I am afarid not , like they say , Villareal must do 1 thing that Arsneal have not done for more than 800 minutes , Score A goal ... , Face it , that Yellow Sub is sinking  :D

Well .... It just goes to show you , small clubs like Villareal cannot survive , like I mean sure , they are in the Final 4 but

in the La-Liga .... they are suffering , like  from third to

eighth place . I rather stick to The Spanish clubs of G-14 , Real , Barca and Valencia ... No Offence , Mikel .. , for me I will hoping for an Arsneal Vs Barcelona Final or Even a Milan Vs Arsneal

Arsenal 1 - 0 Villareal

I am afarid not , like they say , Villareal must do 1 thing that Arsneal have not done for more than 800 minutes , Score A goal ... , Face it , that Yellow Sub is sinking  :D

Well .... It just goes to show you , small clubs like Villareal cannot survive , like I mean sure , they are in the Final 4 but

in the La-Liga .... they are suffering , like  from third to

eighth place . I rather stick to The Spanish clubs of G-14 , Real , Barca and Valencia ... No Offence , Mikel .. , for me I will hoping for an Arsneal Vs Barcelona Final or Even a Milan Vs Arsneal

I'm an Osasuna fan, so... Villarreal doesn't matter to me, the only thing I have in common with Villarreal is that we both are Spanish...

1-0 to Arsenal on Wednesday was the sort of scoreline that both teams will be happy with. I think Arsenal will score over there, though and were that to happen, I can't see Villarreal getting three.

Villarreal lost 0-1 in San Siro, and then they won 2-1 in El Madrigal...

That's not possible, they would have lost on away goals with those scores.

I'm not saying they can't win, but I do think they're going to find it hard to. I'm sure Arsenal will score over there and Villarreal probably won't get three, especially given their chronic lack of goals in the Champions League this season.

Phew......I have no finger nails left!

Villareal 0 - 0 Arsenal (0 - 1)

Arsenal are in the Champions League Final for the first time after an exhausting match to watch, nevermind play in!  Villareal missed a huge opportunity to score and take the game into extra time when Juan Riquelme's penalty was saved by Jens Lehmann - Arsenal are very lucky!

Well done on reaching the final. You've done alright. :-)

I'm a fan who normally supports English clubs in Europe. Honestly!

Unfortunately however, due to UEFA buggering about with the qualification rules, there's no way I can support Arse*** in the final.

btw thanks for the point at the weekend!

arsejolcopy1vu.jpg

Arsenal are in the Champions League Final for the first time after an exhausting match to watch, nevermind play in!  Villareal missed a huge opportunity to score and take the game into extra time when Juan Riquelme's penalty was saved by Jens Lehmann - Arsenal are very lucky!

What a pity! Well, then FC Barcelona has already their 2nd UEFA Champions League...

¡Sí, sí, sí, nos vamos a París! :wwww:

What a pity! Well, then FC Barcelona has already their 2nd UEFA Champions League...

A little bit too self-confident, arent you? Anything can happen in Paris.

Villarreal 0 - 0 Arsenal (0 - 1)

Arsenal are in the Champions League Final for the first time after an exhausting match to watch, nevermind play in!  Villarreal missed a huge opportunity to score and take the game into extra time when Juan Riquelme's penalty was saved by Jens Lehmann - Arsenal are very lucky!

You didn't finish your sentence Mikel - What a pity! Well, then FC Barcelona has already their 2nd UEFA Champions League...semi final to complete.

If Barcelona win this evening they will surely be the overwhelming favourites...... as AC Milan were in Istanbul; especially when they were 3-0 up over Liverpool at half time!

It will be Barcelona against Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris on the 17 May!

Barcelona deserved to go through they dominated much of the game against AC Milan - though it remained goaless Barcelona go through because of their goal in Milan last week.

Barcelona 0 - 0 AC Milan  (1 - 0)

Of course the Stade de France already has some happy memories for Thierry Henry's France and some not so happy ones for Ronaldinho's Brazil!

Archived