UEFA Champions League.

..If Arsenal don't get to the final, I'd love to see a Barcelona v AC Milan showdown in Paris. What a final that would be.

I'd prefer Barca vs. Juve..  :;):

this year Juve could win both the italian (quite sure) and the Champions League

anyway 2 italian teams in the quarters for sure.. not bad!

waiting for Inter next week..

uhmm.. coming back to 2003

Semifinal: Milan-Inter

Final: Milan-Juve :wwww:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far, two Italian teams, two Spanish sides, an English, French and Portuguese club in the last eight.

No, no. So far, two Italian teams, two Spanish sides, two French sides and a Portuguese club are in the last eight.

:cry:

Don't be so bitter. It's not as if the Liverpool and Everton situation of last season is going to happen again.

Pardew questions Arsenal policy

West Ham boss Alan Pardew has hit out at Arsene Wenger for not fielding an English player in Arsenal's Champions League win against Real Madrid.

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor said: "It's an English club but not an English success, it's probably a greater reflection of youngsters from France and elsewhere in Europe.

"It's hard to say that it speaks volumes for English football when none of the players are homegrown."

So far, two Italian teams, two Spanish sides, an English, French and Portuguese club in the last eight.

No, no. So far, two Italian teams, two Spanish sides, two French sides and a Portuguese club are in the last eight.

:cry:

Don't be so bitter. It's not as if the Liverpool and Everton situation of last season is going to happen again.

Pardew questions Arsenal policy

West Ham boss Alan Pardew has hit out at Arsene Wenger for not fielding an English player in Arsenal's Champions League win against Real Madrid.

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor said: "It's an English club but not an English success, it's probably a greater reflection of youngsters from France and elsewhere in Europe.

"It's hard to say that it speaks volumes for English football when none of the players are homegrown."

Oh ..... That West Ham is just too much , why not he tries beating Real with his team , that will THASHED

Nope, last year we beat them with a lot of luck. Lyon has only become stronger since then while PSV lost its best players to the more wealthy clubs as usual. Given the fact that Lyon really wanted revenge and we are awfull away from home this year (3-0 defeat at Schalke and Fenerbahçe and 0-0 at Milan) I knew it was going to be extremely hard to advance.

We were very unlucky in our home game hitting both bar and post and we lost with 0-1 because of a very rare mistake by our goalkeeper. In Lyon we didn't stand a chance, especially after Cocu got send off.

People keep underestimating Lyon no matter how good their results are. I would certainly class them above the likes of Ajax (very crappy team indeed), Inter, Benfica, Villarreal and Arsenal and on par with Juve and Milan.

People do underestimate Lyon and they shouldn't because they are an excellent side. You don't make the quarter-finals of the Champions League without quality.

That said, I do think Milan will have a bit too much class for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Arsenal 2 - 0 Juventus

Arsenal were so much better this evening.  I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the Juventus changing room - they had two sent off in the last 10 minutes, more yellow cards (including Vieira who'll miss the next match) and their manager looked furious.

Benfica 0 - 0 Barcelona

Well done, you deserved it. You were by far the better team and, though it pains me to say it, Arse*** can play some beautiful football when they want to.

:)

As far as the Premiership goes, however, I can only hope that the semi-final and your re-arranged fixture against Portsmouth leads to a wee bit of fixture congestion towards the back end of April. We could do with you not picking up too many points in the next couple of months!

Inter Milan 2 - 1 Villarreal

Lyon 0 - 0 AC Milan

I watched the highlights of yesterdays Benfica/Barcelona match late last night - It was great, who knew a 0-0 draw could be so eventful and exciting?

AC Milan 3 - 1 Lyon

Villarreal 1 - 0 Inter Milan

The AC Milan win was certainly closer than the final score suggests - Lyon looked set to go through for virtually the whole match with the score at 1-1 and in my opinion were the better team.  AC Milan and Villarreal go through and Lyon and Inter go home.

Archived