Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneTimeOnly

Were you born in an Olympic Year?

Born in '78. Moscow would have been the first Olympics of my lifetime.

I have very, very vague memories of the Moscow closing ceremony. At least I have a reason to believe it was the closing ceremony, not opening.

Wow, suddenly I feel old seeing the years everyone was born (save of course for baron).

I was born in 1978, not an Olympic year, although the first Olympics I was alive for occurred in my home state. I have no recollection whatsoever of any Olympics before Seoul. Then I got really into Albertville and Barcelona and have been hooked ever since. I can recall memories/stories of every Olympics I've watched, including Salt Lake which I'm happy to say I attended in person.

Wow, suddenly I feel old seeing the years everyone was born (save of course for baron).

Yeah, feels weird meeting and seeing people born in the 90's who act and talk like grown ups and not like kids.

born about a month before 1974 games.

First games i remember watching was 84 but really got intersted in the olympics in 88 and i cryed after the closing coz the olympis wasnt going to be on for another 4 years!

born about a month before 1974 games.

First games i remember watching was 84 but really got intersted in the olympics in 88 and i cryed after the closing coz the olympis wasnt going to be on for another 4 years!

There were no games in 1974. I assume you meant 1976?

:angry: I was Born in 1972...Just before THOSE Games!!! :angry: Kinda sucks really! :(

Born in 1988... Games of Seoul and Calgary. The first Games I visited in real life were in Asia (Beijing) and Canada (Vancouver).. so like my year of birth:-D

Born very beginning of Olympic Year 1960, well before Winter Olympics at Squaw Valley started. Have some sketchy memories of watching televised highlights of Winter and Summer Olympics in 1968 but wasn't until 1972 Winter (Sapporo) and Summer (Munich) that I really have a lot of memories of the Games. Memories of the latter bring me more distress than joy.

I was born in 71, so my first games were in Sapporro. The first games I really remember were Lake Placid, and then the Moscow Boycott. Rabid fan of LA, and then a passing fan until Athens. Now I don't miss a minute!

I was born in July 1984, my mom recalls how shge watched the opening ceremonies weeks after giving birth to me, she pointed out that tidbit which may explain this Olympic fascination...

1992 year of Albertville and Barcelona!

But I haven't got a faintest memory of the games till Sydney.

1979! So, unfortunately not. :(

Yes I was born in 1994, the year of the Winter games in Lillehammer, Norway.

I was born in 1983... Well no Olympic Games, but we had PanAmerican Games that year in Caracas, Venezuela, proud country of our friend Ikarus360. =]]

Born in 1968 midway between the winter and summer games. They say that expectant mothers who read to their unborn child will actually increase the academic potential of the child. Well my mom sat and watched the winter games while pregnant with me so I guess that explains how I turned into an Olympic junkie.

Born in 1979 .. a hectic year .. Saddam Houssein came on top of Irak and the booping out of the Persian King in Iran ..

Afghanistan became a hell from that year .. and 1 year later the famous coup in Turkey established a Militarist regime ..

The year after .. the first Olympic Games on Soviet Soil .. but ofcourse with countries boycotting it ..

A year to never go and look back to it i suppose .. <_<

Born in 1989, not a particularly olympic year, but very big in historical terms, with the fall of the Berlin Wall and all that. My birthday, on the other hand, can strike some very, very bad olympic memories...September 5th.

I was born in 1964 so a double Olympic year; however my birthdate (28 Feb) was almost 3 weeks after the Closing Ceremony for Innsbruck. I was soiling diapers though whilst Tokyo Games were in full gear.

My first Olympics that I remember are Munich 1972. Haven't missed one since, though my focus has shifted from OSG to OWG gradually over time.

And of course my best birthday ever was Olympic: on 28 Feb 1964 I went to the men's gold medal hockey game, then the Closing Ceremony, then out to dinner with a couple of VANOC pals. Best.Birthday.Ever.

In fact I now have zero expectations about my birthday: nothing can top 2010 and no one need try.