Eruedan/LA84 Memorial Medal Nomination Thread

eruedanmedal.jpg

Here is the thread, where you can nominate athletes for the Eruedan/LA84 Memorial Medal. The GamesBids Memorial Medal is named after two GB-members, who shared our passion for Olympic Games and "left" us much too early!

The Eruedan/LA84 Memorial Medal will be awarded to an athlete, who impressed you at the Vancouver Olympics.

Please post here the name of the athlete and a short statement, why you nominate this athlete for the Eruedan/LA84 Memorial Medal

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius
  • Like 1

I would like to make a proposal - we will award the Eruedan memorial medal to the athlete, who impressed us most and the LA84 memorial medal to the GBMember, who rendered outstanding posts during the Vancouver Olympics!

Great idea, Marts!

For the LA84 medal then, could I nominate Citizen-Seth's The Hour in the Grass blog. First rate, interesting and informative. Great blog Seth!

Also, another nomination for the Eruedan medal - Slovenia's Petra Majdic, who got bronze in the Ladies Individiual Cross Country ski sprint, after falling in training and competing with a suspected broken rib (since cleared). It was amazing to see her grimacing in pain as she struggled up the field, and still in pain in the dais afterwards. Great never-say-die effort!

my nominee will be Bode Miller. who finally wins gold after the disappointments of Torino left him empty handed. he's my nominee for the LA84 medal. my nominee for the Erudean medal despite her competition not starting until a few days is Joannie Rochette, for continuing to skate in honor of her mother who just passed away.

We have the following nominations so far - just for clarification - the Eruedan memorial medal is for the athlete, who impressed you most in Vancouver - the LA84 memorial medal is for the GB-member who rendered outstanding posts about the Vancouver Olympics

The Eruedan Memorial Medal and the LA84 Memorial medal are named after two well respected GB-member, who died in 2006 resp. 2009.

Eruedan memorial medal

Simon Ammann

Alexandre Bilodeau

Petra Majdic

Bode Miller

Magdalena Neuner

Joannie Rochette*

Shaun White

* was nominated by Olympian for the LA84 memorial medal, but the LA84 memorial medal is for GB-members only

LA84 memorial medal

Citizen-Seth

jawnbc

I like to nominate Evan Lysacek, who stunned Evgeni Plushenko, for the Eruedan.

We have the following nominations so far:

Eruedan memorial medal

Simon Ammann

Alexandre Bilodeau

Evan Lysacek

Petra Majdic

Bode Miller

Magdalena Neuner

Joannie Rochette

Shaun White

LA84 memorial medal

Citizen-Seth

jawnbc

mr. x

can i submit 2 more nominees for the erudean medal?

i nominate tessa virtue and scott moir for showing maturity beyond their years that helped become the first north american winners of the ice dance event.

No problem at all, olympian - you are allowed to nominated as much as you want

can i submit 2 more nominees for the erudean medal?

i nominate tessa virtue and scott moir for showing maturity beyond their years that helped become the first north american winners of the ice dance event.

I second this nomination!

for the la84 award i nominate eusebius65. hes articulate in his posts, starts interesting topics and his alternate history of the olympics is a great read.

for Eruedan award, since joannie rochet is already nominated i nominate the canadian ladies curling team. they have never won a national title, they have never played internationally until these games. they were never expected to win at the canadian trials, they came from no where. there first international trophy will be an olympic medal. impressive run!

... thanks a lot for all the nominations - please go on everybody - we will make a poll right after the Vancouver Olympics have finished!

Our nominations so far:

Eruedan memorial medal

Simon Ammann

Alexandre Bilodeau

Canadian Ladies Curling Team

Evan Lysacek

Petra Majdic

Bode Miller

Magdalena Neuner

Joannie Rochette

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

Shaun White

LA84 memorial medal

Citizen-Seth

eusebius65

jawnbc

mr. x

I would like to nominate Sven Kramer for the Eruedan medal - the dutch speed skater was the fastest over 10,000 m, but was disqualified due his coach made a mistake - Sven Kramer changed the track wrongly after his coach showed him to change the track...