Sport Events before Election Day

Hosting a International Championship before the Election could give a big boost to a bid.

I would like to list the upcoming events for the 3 bid-Nations in this thread an talk about the possible influence of the voting in 2011

Germany will host the IceHockey WC in May 2010, and will set a new Worldrecord in the Opening Match Germany vs. USA with 76.000 spectators

GarmischPartnekirchen will host the FIS Alpine Ski WC in February 2011 (GP is part of the bid)

Schönau/Königssee will host the 2011 Bobsleigh/Skeleton WC in 2011 (Schönua/Königssee is part of the bid)

I guess the IceHockey WC could boost the Munich bid, because 76.000 people for a opening in a sport Germany isn´t even good i a great sign for the sport-enthusiasm in Germany. Unfortunally the Womens FIFA WC in 2011 is after the Election Day.

GarmischPartenkirchen and Schönau are part of the the bid and so on the Events are big chances for the Munich-Bid to impress.

What about France and PC? will they also host some Olympic Wintersport Events until the election day?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived