GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

wait until the head of the Rio organisation will hold his speech in 2016 - you will think that the speech will be one of the most important segment of an OC

The Rio 2007 bla bla bla was the most boring possible... Indeed, it was one of the reason for booings...

Brazilians are not that patient with discusses...

I hate this kind of discuss "we have great, our country is great, let's show the rest of the world how great we are"

Boring boring boring...

But that's the kind of speech that got Rio the olympics. The whole "We're ready!" deal, remember?

You're going to bed shortly before the real climax of every opening ceremony, the lighting of the cauldron? Why?

Because i have to work tomorrow, but i'll try to stay here 15 minutes more, i'll try.

oh por fin! now the.... damm now is Jacques's speech, omfg. :o

Don't they know how boring is this???

Well, let's remember that Mario Raña PASO/Odepa presidente discusses are slower than them...

This is really boring!!! Wait some in the PanAm GAmes and you'll understand.

Vite, vite, Jacques -- I want to see Michaelle again.

(I get the impression that Rogge becomes more and more boring and uncharismatic in his opening speeches. Time for a change to ever-smiling Thomas Bach!)

By the way, it sounds as if they're booing when they beat those drums.

Ok i'm back, i'll start talking a bit about the cultural performances.

The start, with the snow falling was a nice touch(i tought Gandalf and the fellowship of the ring were coming for the ceremonies :lol: )The ice craking part was even better than the one in Torino 2006. I liked how they turned the northen lights-like things above the roof in so many things.

The whales part..wow..just wow O.O. One of the things which made me go wow most during this OC. Sarah Mclahan song was so beautiful, altough the tree part got a little boring after a while.

The fiddler and tapping segment remind me of Riverdance :lol: as well for Sydney 2000 OC (hey its David atkins after all XD). Although I loved the music during the ''peter pan-like'' boy i think this was the worst part talking about choreography. The northen lights turning on that huge mountain was simply beautiful. The last part, although that speech was cheesy as well, the Maple Leaf never looked so beautiful before. (this part remind me of Doha 2006 beginning with the torches making the Qatar flag)

Sorry, maybe my review sounds very messy here, maybe because i'm more focused with the OC now, i'll try making a better review later.

I'm glad they mentioned the georgian athlete before they began with the speeches... ;w;

• Like 1

Now, the governor opens the games, the flag come is, it's hoisted, the flame comes in and we're done? Fastest 3 hours of my life! o.o

The Governonr General! It's almost here!