GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overall, I disagree with that. It was the most innovative, inventive, Olympic Winter Games ceremony to date.

This cerimony is forgetable, not sure a mark in the olympic history it was just ok

forgettable, boring. the only highlights for me started will nelly furtado and ended with sarah mclachlan. take away the projections and its largely bland like fluff. not David Atkins' finest.

Think back to Albertville -- then look at this. OMG - the Winter Games openings have come a long way --

HOW MANY OF YOU THINK THE NEW STANDARD WILL BE TO DO WINTER CEREMONIES INDOORS! You CANNOT do this outside.

Well, Beijing had lots of projections, I think Vancouver has just tweaked the effects...

WOW! THE MAPLE LEAF HAVE NEVER SEEMED SO PRETTY! and the olympic flame is getting closer and closer...

Well, Beijing had lots of projections, I think Vancouver has just tweaked the effects...

The lighting and effects have been the big successes for me. I tihnk the lack of fireworks has encourages even greater originality.