GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

So, this is it? Don't we get to see the external cauldron being lit? I'm just seing some random cold images now.

Congratulations Vancouver. Some real highlights there - and some lowlights,too. A real shame about the cauldron. Although I have never liked the idea of 2 cauldrons. I guess it coldn't be helped with an indoor venue.

Of all things to get wrong though. Surely you would test those hydraulics over and over again. Anyway, I absoltely loved the cultural section. The lighting and effects rivalled Beijing. Just wonderful.

Congratulations and good night/good morning/good afternoon everyone. It's been a pleasure sharing it with you.

I loved the OC of Vancouver, a little bit said about the flag pole fan and the missing pole...

The first nations part was a little bit boring, but it was good to know how Canada was formed.

Loved it!

David, my boy :rolleyes: ..you didnt learned your mistake from Sydney do you? :lol:

Anyway, even with the missing pole (Wayne Gretzky got owned), the cauldron was still awesome, but no surprise it looked like a campfire, we knew it like days ago.

Besides the technical malfunction on the cauldron, all the ceremony was simply beautiful. But i need to rewatch it again in high quality later. If i find a link to download it on HD i'll post it right here for everyone B)

I'll try writing a better critic about this ceremony on the future.

So, this is it? Don't we get to see the external cauldron being lit? I'm just seing some random cold images now.

SporTV will broadcast it.

I'm leaving now.

It was a pleasure to spend the time with you guys

abraços/saudações

How far if the external cauldron from BC Place? o.o