GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

What's that blue thing on the russians' hands?

Why are they introduced as Great Britain, instead of United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)?

GB is an island, not the name of the country right?

Great Britain is the IOC's name for the United Kingdom. It has always been introduced as "Great Britain" in Olympic opening ceremonies.

Talking about irony :lol:

Russia, host of the next WOG. As always, they're carrying Cheburashka in blue

Portuguese loves to say they have snow and Brazil don't... (which is a lie, two cities in Brazil have snow every year, ok, little snow)...

But for a "snowy" country as they love to say, it's a shame Portugal have less athletes than Brazil

as always - these outfits are not new

They are recycling? Wow...how econice of Russia! XD

On the music: I liked Sydney's music - atheltes walked in to music from their country (France to "A La Volante" for example). Beijing tried to have music from around the world, but limited to only four pieces. Athens was fun and upbeat. Torino's thumping disco was on the cusp of being so bad it was good... but not really. Can't remember SLC's.

I like Vancouver's music too. Optimistic and inspiring.

WOW!!! Brazil have more athletes than Portugal...

It may sound strange, but besides the difference in population, Portugal doesn't have, as far as I know, any alpine resort.

It may sound strange, but besides the difference in population, Portugal doesn't have, as far as I know, any alpine resort.

They have snowy mountains in the winter... They love to say that when some Brazilian talk about the nature of Brazil: "You don't have snow, Portugal does"...

As you see, I love discussions on internet... LOL