GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

And here come the kiwis!

I like the music. Although it's centred on the same theme, it has many variations of it and it's pleasant to listen to. The best ceremonial music since -- God, I don't know since when. Sydney had that marching band which was a little weak in my opinion in terms of the parade music, Salt Lake had a strange potpourri of marches and ceremonial evergreens, Athens had that (for my ears) atrocious techno, Torino had the disco mix and Beijing had that wild potpourri of global music.

worst countdown ever.

the snowboard stunt was nice enough but timing was off and he need not have said welcome anymore.

is that the best rendition of the canadian anthem? felt like some old pop song.

i did not like the totems, and the "welcoming" arms did not help, it looked like glass zombies.

Go, Peru! Go!

I like the music. Although it's centred on the same theme, it has many variations of it and it's pleasant to listen to. The best ceremonial music since -- God, I don't know since when. Sydney had that marching band which was a little weak in my opinion in terms of the parade music, Salt Lake had a strange potpourri of marches and ceremonial evergreens, Athens had that (for my ears) atrocious techno, Torino had the disco mix and Beijing had that wild potpourri of global music.

I agree Olympian, the previous parade musics were so dreadful, this is such a pleasant surprise (i hope they release a soundtrack CD like in Sydney and Doha)

and now, Peru!

GO, PORTUGAL, GO! A little gender fail by the brazilian commentator who said that the only guy competing for Portugal was a girl.

I agree Olympian, the previous parade musics were so dreadful, this is such a pleasant surprise (i hope they release a soundtrack CD like in Sydney and Doha)

and now, Peru!

They will release a soundtrack. It was available (sort of) already a couple of days ago on iTunes -- they had a page for it, at least, and the songs weren't downloadable yet of course.