GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

Canadians are my favorites right now! <333333

There's a small portion of the audience visible when the teams parade in through the gate -- and you can see that only one or two people are applauding whenever a smaller nation comes in. Come on, be a little bit more welcoming! That's so unusual for the Canadians who are known as being very friendly and hospitable.

Wow, Dannish flagbearer is pretty!

There's a small portion of the audience visible when the teams parade in through the gate -- and you can see that only one or two people are applauding whenever a smaller nation comes in. Come on, be a little bit more welcoming! That's so unusual for the Canadians who are known as being very friendly and hospitable.

I think that is caused by the bad acustic - I suppose it is louder in the hall itself

It's one of the most important things for the crowd to do at an Opening ceremony. To "Welcome" the athletes. The camera shots show the vast majority of people not clapping.