GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

I'ma having some late night pizza right now. It's almost midnight here! Boa noite, pessoal! Good luck to everybody in Vancouver!

Still no images in Brazil. The free tv broadcaster is showing it's last soap opera and the cable broadcaster is showing a Brazil Open match. Oh, the waiting is killing me! ><

Good morning, good day, good evening to you all! I don't know what to eat now -- I rather feel as if I should sleep a couple more hours and don't know really which time of day is right now. ;) So for a start, I have a tasty glass of tap water right now. I want those dinner time ceremonies back! :lol:

I've just got in from a night out, Roland. I am full of Hoegaarden. I need a nice cuppa otherwise I will not remember much of the ceremony. :D

Fair enough! I'll have a marguerita for you. B)

Well, our coverage has finally started, buth just interviewing Torah bright and Allisa camplin now.

Nice intro - It's great to finally get the official IOC disclaimer at the start of the telecast!

It's just occurred to me that it's 22 years to the day since the opening of the Calgary Games!

How many of us remember watching that,I wonder? B)

Edited by Mainad

Good morning Lee,

I am just making a coffee and will take a very early breakfast!

Hi Martin,

A very early breakfast indeed. I have a lovely kebab courteosy of my fav takeaway on Canal Street. He even served me first when I said I was in a rush to get home for the Olympics. Got some strange looks from the drunks in the queue though. 5 minutes! :D

Wish I had HD.

Don't you have TV-schedules in Brazil?

We do, but apparently they're not worth much. Broadcast should've started about 10 minutes ago and we're still watching that terrible soap opera.

Good morning, good day, good evening to you all! I don't know what to eat now -- I rather feel as if I should sleep a couple more hours and don't know really which time of day is right now. ;) So for a start, I have a tasty glass of tap water right now. I want those dinner time ceremonies back! :lol:

I have the same feeling - I went to bed at 08:00 pm yesterday and woke up at midnight totally excited and tried to stay in bed a little bit longer but I had to get up and talk with the guys and gals here on GB - I just made a coffee and eat some raisins bread with french jam and south african marmelade...

To get in the spirt, I've chosen Canadian Lombinho Pizza! =D

I have the same feeling - I went to bed at 08:00 pm yesterday and woke up at midnight totally excited and tried to stay in bed a little bit longer but I had to get up and talk with the guys and gals here on GB - I just made a coffee and eat some raisins bread with french jam and south african marmelade...

Did you manage to sleep very well?