GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

mhh - I think New York is 6 hours "after" Berlin - the OC starts around 03:00 am (CET) - then it must start at 09:00 pm (New York time)

I just found it - the TV-coverage starts at 07:30 pm

NBC - Olympics Schedule

yes NBC is not live... even of the American continent !!! What a surprise ........... :(

yes NBC is not live... even of the American continent !!! What a surprise ........... :(

No, it will be live on the East and Central time zones.

NBC coverage starts in less than two hours (at 7:30 PM), but the ceremony itself won't start LIVE until 9 PM East Coast Time.

NBC coverage is live in the eastern and central time zones and is on a tape delay in the mountain and pacific time zones... this is because if they did not do this the opening ceremonies would be happening at 4:30 in the afternoon pacific time and most people would miss them as they would be at work or trying to get home from work most working americans in the west would miss the first hour or two of the ceremonies... Being that I live in Arizona, I will be watching this on delay so Im about to get away from here to avoid any more spoilers when the ceremonies actually begin in 2 hours.

NBC coverage is live in the eastern and central time zones and is on a tape delay in the mountain and pacific time zones... this is because if they did not do this the opening ceremonies would be happening at 4:30 in the afternoon pacific time and most people would miss them as they would be at work or trying to get home from work most working americans in the west would miss the first hour or two of the ceremonies... Being that I live in Arizona, I will be watching this on delay so Im about to get away from here to avoid any more spoilers when the ceremonies actually begin in 2 hours.

The ceremony would start at 6:00 PM West Coast time, not at 4:30. Remember, NBC's boradcast begins an hour and a half before the ceremony.

NBC is not live in Pacific Time... They will start at 7:30pm... when the Opening will have begin at 6:00pm !!!

I understand the position to delay it because some people could miss the beginning, but they would have to propose it twice... Live at 6:00pm and taped at 9:00pm...

In France, they will have the opportunity to see it live at 3:00am and taped at 10:30am ....

So the real fan could still have the opportunity to see it live... as this is the only real way to watch it !

Never watched the OC on the channel that'll broadcast it today. I hope they don't cut them too much. It gets annoying after some time ._.

I awoke appr. 1 1/2 hour ago (00:00) and I can't sleep anymore - I don't have to work on saturdays (by the way I took a day off at March 1st to watch the CC, too) - I am really looking forward to the Opening Ceremony - I suppose there will be something for the Georgian athlete at the OC and I am very sure that Georgia will be welcomed very warmly by the audience!