GamesBids' Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

I'll try to drop by, but I don't if can make it. I'll have some friends over to watch the ceremony. I'll do my best, though! =D

I can join you afterwards since I will be having a few guests at home.

awww - I love Opening Ceremony parties...

My "first" Olympic Games started with a Sarajevo Opening Ceremony five o'clock coffee with a cake...

The next was the Opening Ceremony night party for Los Angeles a half year later...

I suppose you will wake up before the alarm clock goes, F.

You will be very excited tomorrow night - I will go into bed at 8:00 pm therefore I get up good at 3:00 am on saturday - you have to watch an OC live

Probably I won't even be able to sleep that early. So it could even be that I'll do an all-nighter because if I get tired not before 11 p.m. (as usual), I can stay up as well. :lol:

Still praying they show it on national tv (they talked yesterday about the ceremonies secrecy on the news something which raised my hopes :) ) if not i'll try watching it on stream somewhere. It should start at 21:30 here.

I'm going to comment mostly during the parade to enjoy the show :P

I suppose that during the parade of nations, there won't be much to comment on already -- since in the Winter Games, it's traditionally quite at the beginning of the opening ceremony. And judging by that clip you posted, it comes early in the ceremony this time around, too.

Who is interested in joining?

I would have loved to join CAF... but I already saw most of it and know some of the remaining secrets....

So hard to avoid to share.... but I will be strong !!!!

HIGHER... FASTER.... STRONGER.....

I suppose you will wake up before the alarm clock goes, F.

You will be very excited tomorrow night - I will go into bed at 8:00 pm therefore I get up good at 3:00 am on saturday - you have to watch an OC live

I agree CAF... LIVE and on TV is the best !!! :D

• Like 1

I'd like to know if is there any website where i can see the OC, because any channel incluiding forgrein tv won't have the Oc in Lima.

and the time.

This could be my first WOG OC live

Just watch it on CTV's website. Get a ProxyServer add on for your browser. Find a Canadian Proxy IP Address through a Google search. Enter that IP address into the Proxy program and your set to go. The site will think your viewing the video from Canada will will allow you access.

I'm somewhat relieved -- since now it's becoming more probable again that there are at least two final torchbearers (if not two final torchbearer teams), one for each Vancouver cauldron.

And what did John Furlong say? "You can think about this as long as you’d like and you can think about the last moments of the ceremonies as long as you’d like and you’re not going to figure it out".

Well, my guess is Jamie Salé and David Pelletier or Cindy Klassen and Gaetan Boucher. Maybe together with representatives of the four host First Nations (that is probably what Furlong means with "you're not going to figure it out"...).

By the way, German TV channel ZDF showed some snippets from Wednesday's dress rehearsal just a couple of moments ago -- somehow it looked a little bit less impressive than the YouTube video but maybe only because the snippets were very short and consisted of only one camera angle each. Based on that preview, I can also leak the information

SPOILER

that the Canadian and the Olympic Flag will be hoisted on flagpoles à la Beijing -- with pressurised air being pushed out on the top so that the flags really fly -- even indoors.

Oops, sorry -- wrong thread. One shouldn't open several tabs of the same website at a time...

So, thanks to Murphy and his stupid law, I'll most definitly drop by later. At least, it'll be fun.

mhh - I think New York is 6 hours "after" Berlin - the OC starts around 03:00 am (CET) - then it must start at 09:00 pm (New York time)

I just found it - the TV-coverage starts at 07:30 pm

NBC - Olympics Schedule

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius