Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arwebb

Platini for UEFA president

The Bavarian minister for interior Mr. Beckstein denied to be successor of Bavarian prime minister Mr. Stoiber as he thinks he is to old to do this job. He is 62 years old. Beckenbauer should keep this in mind when deciding for a possible UEFA presidency. It´s no disgrace to say: ok, let this do a younger one. He should not get in the way of a renewal of UEFA.

The Bavarian minister for interior Mr. Beckstein denied to be successor of Bavarian prime minister Mr. Stoiber as he thinks he is to old to do this job. He is 62 years old. Beckenbauer should keep this in mind when deciding for a possible UEFA presidency. It´s no disgrace to say: ok, let this do a younger one. He should not get in the way of a renewal of UEFA.

New Year, same ageism.

This year I´m sure Platini will show his ability to lead a big organisation and to show that he will win the election for UEFA presidency which will be early in 2007. He will beat all other candidates and will be successor of Lennart Johansson. For Johansson it´s time to leave.

UEFA president announced today that he won´t candidate once again. So the way is free for Beckenbauer and Platini. The election will be during next year. Platini is my favorite and 10 years younger. He didn´t had so many problems with the world cup stadiums as Beckenbauer and his team today. So Platini will be my great favorite for UEFA presidency in 2007.

What direction shows Beckenbauer? The building/rebulding of the new venues for World Cup 2006 costed 1.4 billion Euro. "Stiftung Warentest" has tested each of the stadiums. The results were controlled by an independent engineer bureau. Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, Kaiserslautern and Leipzig have serious problems. Dortmund, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Stuttgart have significant problems. Hannover, Cologne, Munich and Nurnberg only slight problems. This doesn´t speak for the president of the OC, Franz Beckenbauer. He is responsible for the whole thing. This was not the case in 1998 when Platini was OC chief.

Another defeat for Beckenbauer´s OC: FIFA cancelled the opening ceremony in Berlin. After the stadium problems not another glorious chapter for him. The nimbus of Mr. Universe seems to get some fat scares. Regarding UEFA presidency he seems not to be better than Platini, so I prefer Platini as president.

Maybe they should choose one of the oldies. I.e. Havelange or Mayer-Vorfelder, Zwanziger etc surely have a lot of time to do the job ...

I thought you wanted to shift anyone aged 52 or over to the old folks's home pronto as they were past it and of absolutely no use to anyone.

A little joke...

No, I think people in that position should be about 50 to 55 years. To chose someone older than 60 doesn´t help the organisation. How long this president should lead the organisation? Should we have a new election every 5 years? What a person with 70 years wants in a sport organisation of this size? A fountaon of youth or some cheerleaders, perhaps?

cheerleader.jpg

A little joke...

No, I think people in that position should be about 50 to 55 years. To chose someone older than 60 doesn´t help the organisation. How long this president should lead the organisation? Should we have a new election every 5 years? What a person with 70 years wants in a sport organisation of this size? A fountaon of youth or some cheerleaders, perhaps?

cheerleader.jpg

So you just want to shift the over-55s to the old folks' home pronto because you think they're no use to anyone.

What I want to say is, an official job starting with 50 or 55 years is ok. Then they should do the job for one or two periods (about 10 years). Starting the job with 65 and older: how long should they do the job then? So my opinion is that someone like Platini (50 years old) would be the better choice as someone like Beckenbauer (60 years old)

Say it until you're blue in the face. I don't agree. What matters is their ability to do the job, not their birth certificate.

I assume that a person with about 65 or 70 years thinks more on other things than on his job. These people need more some cheerleaders to have some fun...

cheerleader.jpg

What about the notion that somebody is 65 or older has more experience, knowledge and more thoughtfulness about their job. It's insulting to say that people should be thrown on the scrapheap immediately they reach a certain age!

There is not a big difference between a 50 year old and a 75 year old but between a 25 year old and a 50 year old. Someone with 50 has surely enough experience. World belongs to teh younger ones and not to the old powerless ones. We know how the match runs.

SNAP_Paris_BG.jpg