Platini for UEFA president

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I have seen Franz Beckenbauer has a lot of people in his luggage like his old friend Fedor Radmann. There are a lot of other people in the organisation which would have also the right to join this voyage. The football organisation is not a closed club and should be open to all people who want to help. This says a lot about the candidates who want to be president of UEFA.

But this says absolutely nothing about Beckenbauer's ability, only that he prefers to work with people that he presumably knows, respects and, above all else, trusts.

Officially there are only tow candidates, Platini and Beckenbauer. But there might be a few others from the big football countries like Italy, England, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Portugal etc. which all have great sports they could name. Maybe until the election there will be a few other people more. But I think Platini is a reliable candidate and represents a younger generation.

It would be a hard fight between Woody Allen and Danny DeVito. Which one would have the better profile?

Hope there will be some serious people with a vision for sport and the Olympic movement as future presidents for the big international organisations. Then we can talk about reliable presidents, sport-people and human beings.

As it seems now all three big sport orhanisations, IOC, FIFA, UEFA, has to refresh it´s organisation with new, and young, officials. See  the last matche between Turkey and Switzerland: all three officials, president, general secretary and speaker of the president, are all from Switzerland. They want to punish only one country: Turkey. I think this is a scandal. In the future it should be forbidden, that there is a concentration of one country. The highest sport organisation should be independent and impartial. This should also be the case for it´s officials. These senior officials sometimes acting childish. People should not elect those people in these high positions. This should be changed as soon as possible.

Like in China and Korea also during WC 2006 in Germany thousands of volunteers are engaged. They do not cost anything. But on the other hand the organisations earn a lot of money. This is not acceptable for a country like Germany. They should try to find people which work on an employee basis. They should give the people a chance to get a job, if it´s only for a few monthes. For China and Korea this is ok - it´s a totally different way of thinking. Behind the behaviours and the way of working of the National organisation there stands a man like Franz Beckenbauer. To use to work of thousands of people "just for fun" is not the right way.

Like in China and Korea also during WC 2006 in Germany thousands of volunteers are engaged. They do not cost anything. But on the other hand the organisations earn a lot of money. This is not acceptable for a country like Germany. They should try to find people which work on an employee basis. They should give the people a chance to get a job, if it´s only for a few monthes. For China and Korea this is ok - it´s a totally different way of thinking. Behind the behaviours and the way of working of the National organisation there stands a man like Franz Beckenbauer. To use to work of thousands of people "just for fun" is not the right way.

Z, do you enjoy talking to yourself?

Anyway, recent Organizing Committees know what they're doing.  That's how to run sporting events that do NOT dip into public funds.  Besides, people DON'T have to volunteer if they don't want to.  I don't believe anyone in Germany is conscripted to work for WC for 'free.'  

Z, you forget that there is such a thing as 'choice' and free will.

But on the other hand, we are in Europe and not in China/Korea where people can be recruited as government wants. The rich organisations have so much money and it´s a question of moral and responsibility to have a look at their people. I.e. it´s expected that during EC Switzerland/Austria will bring a revenue of 432 million Euro. I´m not talking about sport organisations like Taekwondo, minigolf etc., we are talking about the richest organisations in sport world. It seems to be easy for those organisations to find people who want to work for free only to be on board. Should we talk about "poor" organisations like IOC etc and about "rich" volunteers? Sorry, we should not compare apples and oranges.

During the last week there started a discussion about the "chip-ball" between Blatter, Beckenbauer and other officials. My opinion is: leave it like it is. Football is a game and no IT-disciplin. Also Blatter wants no hymns for WC 2006. That´s ridiculous. Football-fans have a strong identification with hymns and singing. It´s part of all big events like WC, EC etc. These events without hymns is a loss. Hymns have to stay. All officials including Beckenbauer and the new officials have to support this.

Archived