Platini for UEFA president

Off Topic: regarding the discussion new UEFA president: we need a younger one, after Lennart Johannson. Michel Platini is about 51 years old and would be the right person to lead UEFA the next 10 years. Although there is another candidate with Beckenbauer. But he is already 60 years old. But I don´t think he has enough power after world championships 2006. He has a young family which needs him more. A fulltime-job should not be the right thing for him. Michel Platini has the same experience and is much younger. To take every job which someone offers is not the right way.

The big organisations like IOC, FIFA or UEFA have to replace the old people, which have no power, by younger one´s. This is the usual way in public economy where people in high positions are about 40 to 50 years old. I have an email-address of Michel Platini (michel.platini@platini.com), but this address is obviously wrong. Does anyone have an address that works? I try to get him but had no success. Michel Platini is well known in Football world. He has new ideas to representate UEFA in public in the right way. In Germany Beckenbauer seems to be everywhere, he is acting like a God. There are a lot more people that know very much about football.

The personality cult about Beckenbauer is disgusting. Other people like Pele, Platini, Eusebio etc are not below Beckenbauer.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But with 50 years he is one of the youngest, for an official. On the other hand see Havelange, Blatter, Johansson, Beckenbauer which are all far about 60 and more. So Platini has about 10 years for 1 or 2 periods to do a good job. A FIFA or UEFA president with 35 years is much too young. You need experience but should not have lost your power. Platini was born 1955 so he has a lot of time. A 50 year old is the best solution for this official position, someone with 60 and more definitely not.

Platini is actually member of the executive committee of UEFA since he was responsible for France 1998. This is similar to the position Beckenbauer does for Germany 2006. Platini did also an excellent job. Platini wants to be successor of Johansson as UEFA president. There is a clear line of what he is doing, not like Beckenbauer who takes every job someone is asking him to do. This is the mayor difference between these two people.This is more serious for me.

But has Platini actually done anything? Beckenbauer has the track record. Age is irrelevant.

Platini was the head of the French OC for the World Cup 1998!

Beckenbauer has a better track record as a player, manager and administrator.

But he has lost his power and he is 10 years older. He is treated like an icon, like a saint. Without him there seems nothing to happen. People like him do not have an overview, what they are doing. Most times they don´t know when it´s time to go. Examples from the past: Mao, Honegger, Kim il sung etc. Another one in sport/football we don´t need.

I remember Platini whinging during the 1998 World Cup that referees hadn't been harsh enough on players. The next day, there were five ridiculous red cards. I do not want that kind of man in charge of UEFA, who are hardly breeding grounds of common sense, are they.

Beckenbauer today visited the Pope. Maybe the Pope sanctified him. Or he received big points for his candidature as UEFA president. Please don´t mix up sport and politics and religion. But today where moral is on a very low level everything seems to be allowed. People seem not to have the right criterias how far they should go. That´s why I prefer Platini as the better person.

Please have a look at the newest picture:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/de/051026/1/2rag.html

Platini? Please! The man is French, i.e.

1. does things more complicated than the rest of the world because it's never done simply there - for example, while he was "organiser" (in the very loose sense of the word) of France 98, he made qualifiers play their games in three different places all over France, thus lining the pockets of his friends in the tourist industry by making fans have to pay for more train tickets and book three different places of accommodation.

2. Never gets anything done but enjoys being in a "win for life" job.

3. Has a much lower bribe threshold.

4. Will cause controversy by trying to implement lots of unnecessary and pointless rules.

I'd go for Beckenbauer because he's that little bit older and more experienced and is far more pragmatic than people give him credit for. He is not finished, he has just started. The Pope happens to be German too - I mean, how many Poles went to see J-P2?

We can see every day the bribe affairs in IOC and other big organisations (see Bulgarian, Corean members), referees in Germany and around etc. Also there are a lot of "friendship" connections which are only related to money (see OC for Worldcup 2006). Try to get into this system - no chance. You have to be a friend of Beckenbauer & Co. to have a chance. Foreign people have absolutely no chance - they are treated like an appendix. That´s not specific for France that´s all around the world. You can see this phenomen also in economy and politics - have only a look in the papers. But the future world belongs to the younger ones - not the olders.

when the IOC will beginn with a general reform and renewal of it´s members which are already with the IOC for more than 30/40 years? They have to start now as there are several years are gone since Mr. Rogge is president. People should not be longer than about 3 periods member of the IOC with a limit of about 65 years age. As in economy these people are powered out. The big sport organisations need fresh blood. In economy managgers who have success are about 40 to 50 years old. Most officials are much older. We need a fresh wind to renew these organisations. They are no closed club where nobody has entree to it. This is the same to UEFA and FIFA. These orgnaisations also need renewal, restructuring and new processes. This will bring the sport to a higher level and structure. Flexible for any new change. So there has to be a change from the ground on to be uptodate for the future.

As I have seen Franz Beckenbauer has a lot of people in his luggage like his old friend Fedor Radmann. There are a lot of other people in the organisation which would have also the right to join this voyage. The football organisation is not a closed club and should be open to all people who want to help. This says a lot about the candidates who want to be president of UEFA.

12th November there is a friendship match between France and Germany. This might be a good time for Platini and Beckenbauer to talk about a future candidature for UEFA presidency, together with president Johansson and other members of UEFA to find a clear and serious solution - possibly for the French candidate. Someone has to say, that´s enough for me I don´t want any more - or does he want to fight until he is hundred years old and sitting in a wheelchair with a nurse on his side....

Archived