Sign in to follow this  
SkiFreak

Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year is next week and it's the year of the Tiger (no, not Tiger Woods :rolleyes: )

Any special events planned during the games? B)

Chinese New Year is next week and it's the year of the Tiger (no, not Tiger Woods :rolleyes: )

Any special events planned during the games? B)

Vancouver's annual Lunar New Year Parade and Festival, of course! It's the first weekend of the games with the big parade on Sunday the 14th. Celebrate Valentine's with the Tiger. Rawr!

There are even a couple commemorative lunar new year pins for sale too.

Definitely a major attraction for visitors, it's one of the biggest Chinese cultural celebrations outside of China in the world, probably only second to San Francisco but Vancouver's is definitely growing. Everybody has to go at least once in your life or if you're like me, go every year. B)

Damnit...why couldn't the rain come BEFORE the Games start. I'd gladly switch these past few days with Friday onwards.

Vancouver's annual Lunar New Year Parade and Festival, of course! It's the first weekend of the games with the big parade on Sunday the 14th. Celebrate Valentine's with the Tiger. Rawr!

There are even a couple commemorative lunar new year pins for sale too.

Definitely a major attraction for visitors, it's one of the biggest Chinese cultural celebrations outside of China in the world, probably only second to San Francisco but Vancouver's is definitely growing. Everybody has to go at least once in your life or if you're like me, go every year. B)

At what time is the parade?

d8b6e7c358739d06e4dd3b48.jpg

Happy Chinese Luna New Year~!

TV Live of the Opening Ceremony will be start in 9a.m.

on the last day morning of the Ox Year(in Chinese zodiac)

So for Chinese people, almost everyone could have time to see the Opening Ceremony...

What amazing viewing group~~~ :lol:

Sign in to follow this