FISU's Universiades

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guardian, do you work for FISU?

Just curious as to why you're pushing FISU heavily?

You have a problem with that, given that this is a topic under the heading of OTHER INTERNATIONAL GAMES? The Olympic Games is not the only international Games in the world, if you really care about it. I don't work for them and I don't really care of it either. Do you ever think that some countries in the world may only get the Universiades as the highest possible Games they could host within their current potential? You want blame, go to the fathers that made the FISU possible and make your case there. Man, talk about a person with citizenship with a country that invented a Games to challenge the Olympics in prestige, only to be blacklisted by the IOC itself.

Guardian, you took it the wrong way.  I'm just wondering why you're pushing the Universiades here heavily.  I know of them but they're not really strong on my radar.

Yes, I know this is category is "Other International Games"  -- did I say it didn't belong here?  I was just curious; that's all.  THere was no sarcasm intended in the previous post.

:cool:

Yes, I know this is category is "Other International Games"  -- did I say it didn't belong here?  I was just curious; that's all.  THere was no sarcasm intended in the previous post.

Oh wow,

What caused this sudden change of hearts?

sorry to disappoint you, TG.  Did you get your newest pink slip yet from the EU?

There is one word which best describes your posts: Pathetic!

Fortunately, there is a solution to it: Get a Life!  :rolleyes:

Suck on it, turkey turd.

Is that all you have to say?

Gosh the more you talk, the more I am convienced by the fact that you do need to seek a life. Pronto!

Gosh the more you talk, the more I am convienced by the fact that you do need to seek a life. Pronto!

Kinda full of yourself, aren't you?  why do you think u deserve better remarks?  you're just not worth it.

I really don't understand how my previous statement indicates to you that I'm full of myself or that I demand for a praise....

Espeically from you of all people!  :help:

Guardian, you took it the wrong way.  I'm just wondering why you're pushing the Universiades here heavily.  I know of them but they're not really strong on my radar.

Curious, huh? Well, if you put it that way, some members have posted that having a Universiade could have Olympic implications. However, as you can see, it is not really the case in most terms. Also, with the Universiades themselves, it seems that a couple of continents with cities/towns that really want them and vice versa.

To be honest, what would a Universiade really do for the USA? I don't see any positive things about it, especially if it has hosted the most Olympic Games so far and more to come in the future.

As for other countries, the Universiade could be the highest level international sporting event they could ever get. It's sad for now, but that could change, depending on what happens to the sporting world in the future.

Kinda full of yourself, aren't you?  why do you think u deserve better remarks?  you're just not worth it.

I really don't understand how my previous statement indicates to you that I'm full of myself or that I demand for a praise....

Espeically from you of all people!  :help:

Hey, hey, hey

What is this behaviour on public places, kids?

Lets be nice to each other and shake your hands! Or I will

Yes, I really will if you doesn't stop doing so!

Erzurum, Turkey, has been inspected by a group of FISU Evaluation Commission members over the weekend. It is one of two candidate cities/areas for the 2009 Winter Universiade:

Evaluation Commission Visits 1st. WU Candidate

According to FISU officials, Erzurum has potential:

Evaluation Commission WU Travelled To Ankara

I'm actaully surprised on the level of enthusiasm Erzurum has in hosting the Winter Universade Games.

I mean if its any city which has the best winter facilities to staging such games it would definitely be Bursa or neighboring Ülludağ. However the Turkish government seems to favour Erzurum in promoting Eastern portion of Turkey. This would be somewhat equivalent to the German government's support for Leipzig for a Summer Games as it rests in the less developed Eastern Germany compared to other industrial western portion of that nation. This of course is a good attempt in promoting equal balance in terms of fame and sports facilities.  :)

According to FISU officials, Erzurum has potential:

Evaluation Commission WU Travelled To Ankara

I'm actaully surprised on the level of enthusiasm Erzurum has in hosting the Winter Universade Games.

I mean if its any city which has the best winter facilities to staging such games it would definitely be Bursa or neighboring Ülludağ. However the Turkish government seems to favour Erzurum in promoting Eastern portion of Turkey. This would be somewhat equivalent to the German government's support for Leipzig for a Summer Games as it rests in the less developed Eastern Germany compared to other industrial western portion of that nation. This of course is a good attempt in promoting equal balance in terms of fame and sports facilities.  :)

Do you know what the news is like in Erzurum about a prospect as this?

• 2 months later...

Archived