I guess it says a lot about the profile of the YOGs that here we have an Olympic bid website, on the eve of an Olympic Host City announcement, and the silence on the topic has been deafening.

Anyway, while there's still time, anyone want to venture predictions?

I suppose to me, I lean towards Poznan. Surely Nanjing following on from Singapore is not exactly spreading the YOG message around the globe.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think neither. It's a Summer YOG; might've more of an impact if it were a Winter YOG. And of course, Harbin isn't really a factor maybe until 2028 or thereabouts.

Roller sports, skateboarding, climbing and wushu will have demonstrations here..

Are they broadcasting it live or will it be recorded first and then broadcasted?

Nevermind that, I've just seen the french info. Sorry about the double post!

Najing's video has just started.

Aw, too bad. I thought Poznan's video was so fun! And wow, talking about lack of excitement in the room! How large were the candidate cities' delegations?

It's kinda odd they would pick Nanjing to host right after Singapore (and only six years after Beijing's Olympics) but then again the IOC didn't have much choices since so many cities opted out of bidding or canceled their bids (one not too long ago.) The bid for the 2018 edition should be interesting, after the world sees if the youth games are a hit or a miss.

Good luck Nanjing! smile.gif