Team Australia Hospitality Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey SR...not sure what gives the more indigestion...the clip from Xanadu or the Emu Bitter Now if we want to see the slopes littered with johnny foreigner lying in proud Aussie Olympian's wakes may

we need some music here! one of my favourite Aussie songs - sung at the most successul saturday night shows in Germany

Good luck to the Aussie team! You have a better chance of winning medals than your Kiwi brothers

Well back on schedule tonight for the entertainment. Plenty to cheer on for the other teams as we await our rendezvous with the Chinee girls on the aerials jump.

In the meantime, we bring you Jet, wondering about Lydia and Jacquie ....

And Boags all round tonight boags1.jpg

Ummmm .... I must apologise in advance everyone ... I must've got drunk last night at the German Bier Zelt and got waylaid by some Russkis on the way back to the GamesBids Olympic Village. Anyway, seems I lost a bet with them and they won the right to stage tonight's entertainment. And a big Mafioski Ivan has just lobbed in the claim the best ...

Anyway, he wants a tribute to gee on the Russian Ice Dancing pair tonight. ice2main-420x0.jpg

Anyway, Дамы и господа, we bring ...

Charlie Drake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAYmk9Qb9Dc

Quite seriously, its obviously just sooooo archaically racist. But I had a shock when I visited Uluru (and this was when it WAS Uluru - it had already been given back to the Aboriginals). I was on a coach trip from Uluru to the Olgas and the driver on the coach played a cassette of this and it's ilk (Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport etc)as we drove through the Red Centre, with "You Are On Aboriginal Land" signs by the road. Outrageous and embarrassing.

Anyway the drink? What? Okay Dmitry, okay. Tonight it's 2 Rooz Vodka! 2-rooz-vodka.jpg

Edited by Sir Roltel

Well, only one more sleep to go before seeing how our aerialistas step up to the Chinese challenge.

In the meantime, to keep the entertainment rolling along, back to "Where Are They Now?" from the Sydney OC. Today, it's the latest comeback by someone who wos Abolutely uniquitous for Everybody in Oz at the turn of the millenium,, Vanessa Amarosi ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90GSlox-Zhw

And let's see who can sink the most Darwin Stubbies! r250230_1027512.jpg

Well, what other Band Could we have in the Roo Bar tonight to celebrate but ...

Men At Work with their version of "Kookaburra Sits!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

and Champers of course! jacobs_creek_champagne.jpg

1955.jpg And in celebration of Australia's Best Ever Winter Olympics result, yes, Seb, we'll certainly take the '55 Grange out.

You Bewdy!!!!!!!

we need some music here!

Spectacular Gold medals

Also heading Australias way this summer after opening in London at Ears Court

ABBA WORLD

I’ve been to see it ,and I can tell you its sensational.

I took this video at the opening.

And here is the offical video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvmaCtDUC6c

Also heading Australias way this summer after opening in London at Ears Court

ABBA WORLD

I’ve been to see it ,and I can tell you its sensational.

I took this video at the opening.

And here is the offical video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvmaCtDUC6c

Thanks for the heads-up! As a red-blooded Aussie-Swede-German cross, Abba's just about the top of my personal deitys.

Which brings me to .... hmmmmmmmmm....

Okay, tonight at the Roo Bar a Very Special treat, the World First reformation of the quartet who are truly the country's favourite adopted Honorary Aussies (along with CAF!).

Ladies and Gentlemens, I bring you ....

ABBA!

And because I refuse to stoop to Fosters, tonight I take you All To Sweden's Hell! 543_Hell.JPG

Okay, tonight at the Roo Bar a Very Special treat, the World First reformation of the quartet who are truly the country's favourite adopted Honorary Aussies (along with CAF!).

Ladies and Gentlemens, I bring you ....

ABBA!

I love that song!! Do you know that ABBA was one of the first pop groups which produced videos for their songs, due Agnetha didn't want to travel the whole time to promote their songs? Bang-A-Boomerang was one of the first songs with an official videos - the director of this video was Lasse Hallström, who become one of the most famous swedish directors... Furthermore the song "Bang-A-Boomerang" is an ESC-song - the song was written by ABBA one year after their victory with "Waterloo" and was an entry at the Swedish Melodifestivalen in 1975 - ABBA didn't want to sing it at the Melodifestivalen and therewith Svanne & Lotta were the singers...

Svenne & Lotta - Melodifestivalen 1975

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19PempjBpVs

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Bugger it! Let;'s turn this into an Abba love fest for the day.

My Hubby literally just came across this. I've never sen it before, but i understand it was HUGE in Germany in 1982.

The lovely Agnetha ...

Bugger it! Let;'s turn this into an Abba love fest for the day.

My Hubby literally just came across this. I've never sen it before, but i understand it was HUGE in Germany in 1982.

The lovely Agnetha ...

yeah - that is a great song - this video is from the german/austrian/swiss TV-channel 3sat - what do you think about that one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=IFllgS7EBc0&feature=related

I am slowly getting "p#ssed off" - I wonder why it didn't work with my videos...

Well, Tatiana made the semis of short track. And was a contender to the last lap to make the final. Pity she didn't get the finiosh, but great effort Tatiana!

0,5001,7353236,00.jpg

Edited by Sir Roltel

Well, Tatiana made the semis of short track. And was a contender to the last lap to make the final. Pity she didn't get the finiosh, but great effort Tatiana!

0,5001,7353236,00.jpg

Slightly disappointing but good on ya Tati!

Reckon that just about wraps up the medal tally SR? What a bonzer bottler bobby-dazzler result for the Green & Gold :D

Slightly disappointing but good on ya Tati!

Reckon that just about wraps up the medal tally SR? What a bonzer bottler bobby-dazzler result for the Green & Gold :D

I was sorta hoping that tatiana could snag a bronze and we could go home with a full set. Or spring an even bigger surprise (this IS short track!). But good on her nevertheless.

We can just sit back, bask and celebrate the others now!

Life is Sweet!