Sign in to follow this  
scoobiesnacks

Free Ipod/iphone Applications For The Games

I searched for vancouver on the itunes store and hit on some brilliant free applications to do with the games

1. Vanoc official free application for 2010 games - looks great - full schedule on your ipod/iphone!

2. Lonely Planet free guide to Vancouver to celebrate the games

3. Holland Heinekan House - maps for all the venues etc

Has anyone else seen any other good games time applications - there must be 50 when I searched!

Free Wifi question

I have an ipod touch not an iphone. Where can I get free wi-fi around vancouver to check on email and update these applications.

Any coffee stores with free wifi for instance?

both look to be good so far but lets see how they go at game time

Also got the NBC one to try it out

Free wifi is very common in Vancouver. Blenz Coffee all have it, as do most local coffee shops. Starbucks charges.

Most Vancouverites don't pay for bandwidth; many of us leave our routers open so folks in need of bandwidth can grab some. But I live on the 17th floor. :(

I searched for vancouver on the itunes store and hit on some brilliant free applications to do with the games

1. Vanoc official free application for 2010 games - looks great - full schedule on your ipod/iphone!

2. Lonely Planet free guide to Vancouver to celebrate the games

3. Holland Heinekan House - maps for all the venues etc

Has anyone else seen any other good games time applications - there must be 50 when I searched!

Free Wifi question

I have an ipod touch not an iphone. Where can I get free wi-fi around vancouver to check on email and update these applications.

Any coffee stores with free wifi for instance?

I also like the CTV app.

VancouverWalks is also good.

There is also a great one which lists all the Olympic medallists in all the events at all the games - so you can be knowledgable at your event!

Free wifi is very common in Vancouver. Blenz Coffee all have it, as do most local coffee shops. Starbucks charges.

Most Vancouverites don't pay for bandwidth; many of us leave our routers open so folks in need of bandwidth can grab some. But I live on the 17th floor. :(

Interesting, I was really expecting to have to pay. And as I don't drink coffee it could be a problem.

For anyone that has the official VANOC app for iPhone...open it and give your phone a shake. You'll get a little surprise! ;)

• Like 1

Order a cold beverage (pop, a smoothie) or hot chocolate or something similar. :)

Interesting, I was really expecting to have to pay. And as I don't drink coffee it could be a problem.

• Like 1

For anyone that has the official VANOC app for iPhone...open it and give your phone a shake. You'll get a little surprise!

Love it!

Sign in to follow this