I PanEuropean Games Valencia 2010?

The president of the Spanish Region of Valencia announced some days ago that he had an idea to create a new international competition that would involve European countries: the European Games. These games would have 35 participant countries in a simmilar way to PanAm or AsianGames. Of course, he has proposed the city of Valencia to host the first edition of these European Games that would be celebrated in the year 2010. Today the new president of the Spanish NOC, Alejandro Blanco, has said that it was a very good idea and has promised he would talk to the IOC and European NOCs to get it real.

Do you think it could be possible to have an European Games? DO you think that's a good idea?

In my personal opinion, there are too many competitions, so is stupid to create a new one. Besides the Olympics, UK has the CommonwealthGames, Spain,France,Italy has the Mediterranean games... Would Athletes accepted that? Too many competitions.

More info: www.espirituolimpico.bitacoras.com (Spanish)

The president of the Spanish Region of Valencia announced some days ago that he had an idea to create a new international competition that would involve European countries: the European Games. These games would have 35 participant countries in a simmilar way to PanAm or AsianGames. Of course, he has proposed the city of Valencia to host the first edition of these European Games that would be celebrated in the year 2010. Today the new president of the Spanish NOC, Alejandro Blanco, has said that it was a very good idea and has promised he would talk to the IOC and European NOCs to get it real.

Do you think it could be possible to have an European Games? DO you think that's a good idea?

In my personal opinion, there are too many competitions, so is stupid to create a new one. Besides the Olympics, UK has the CommonwealthGames, Spain,France,Italy has the Mediterranean games... Would Athletes accepted that? Too many competitions.

More info: www.espirituolimpico.bitacoras.com (Spanish)

It's a totally crazyness. I am against them. :rolleyes:

I wish Alejandro Blanco to stop that and work just for Jaca and Madrid. Maybe in future...

Anyway, if there were an European Games, I would prefer Manchester to get the first edition. They really deserve them!!!

If there were an European Games I prefer Moscow, Istanbul or Budapest to get them first. Or Madrid  :P  :wink:

Geez, talk about Europe and its Games already in place. What is he trying to do with these athletes? Have them compete in these events to death every year?  :shocked:

Archived