King And Queen Of Vancouver 2010

Hi,

I would like to know what is your predictions about the king and queen of Vancouver 2010.

Team medal count in.

KING:

Sven Kramer

Petter Northug

Ole Einar Bjørndalen

Emil Hegle Svendsen

Gregor Schlierenzauer

Lukas Bauer

Aksel Lund Svindal

Simon Amman

Carlo Janka

Benjamin Raich

Adam Malysz

Axel Teichmann

Michael Greis

Didier Cuche

Anders Jacobsen

Håvard Bøkko

Marcus Hellner

Bjørn Ferry

For me Sven Kramer should win this title with 3 gold (5000m, 10000m, Team pursuit) 0 silver 0 bronze

Also the strong pick should be skijumper Gregor Schlierenzauer - awsome form - can get two gold for Large and Normal Hill + 100% Gold medal for team competition.

What about the Ole Einar and Svedsen?

QUEEN:

Helena Jonsson

Lindsay Vonn

Justyna Kowalczyk

Magdalena Neuner

Marit Bjørgen

Andrea Henkel

Maria Riesch

Anna Carin Olofsson

Petra Majdic

Kati Wilhelm

Aino Kaisa Saarinen

Virpi Kuitunen

Charlotte Kalla

Anja Paersson

Tora Berger

Svetlana Sleptsova

My pick is Voon, Kowalczyk should be strong.

What is your predictions?

I think if it is by gold medals one it will be Kowalczyk or Christine Nesbitt. On the men's side, Ole Einar Bjorndalen and the possibility of 5 gold medals is hard to beat. Hopefully Bjorndalen doesn't do what he did in Torino, winning 4 golds at the the World Champions before and notta lot at the games. Though I will be shocked if he doesn't eclipse Bjorn Daehlie for most medals at the Winter Olympics. With 4 gold he will surpass Daehlie as the winningest Winter Olympian ever. With 5 golds he will become the only athlete, winter or summer to sweep a multiple medal sport twice.

I'm surprised that Yu-na Kim of South Korea is not listed as a potential "queen" of Vancouver 2010. Granted, she only has one medal event on her docket (women's singles in figure skating), but figure skating is one of the glamour events of the Winter Olympics. She is the reigning world champion, has not been defeated overall in over a year, and is the reigning world record holder in points in the women's division. Plus, she is as big a superstar as you're going to find in South Korea. How many athletes at the Winter Olympics (or even the Summer Olympics) can say that about themselves in relation to their home countries? And with Korean culture becoming more and more prominent on the world stage (the Korean wave, or hallyu), the timing is right for her fame to be global.

I think you answered your own question....

I'm surprised that Yu-na Kim of South Korea is not listed as a potential "queen" of Vancouver 2010. Granted, she only has one medal event on her docket (women's singles in figure skating), but figure skating is one of the glamour events of the Winter Olympics. She is the reigning world champion, has not been defeated overall in over a year, and is the reigning world record holder in points in the women's division. Plus, she is as big a superstar as you're going to find in South Korea. How many athletes at the Winter Olympics (or even the Summer Olympics) can say that about themselves in relation to their home countries? And with Korean culture becoming more and more prominent on the world stage (the Korean wave, or hallyu), the timing is right for her fame to be global.