Torch Relay Route In The City Of Vancouver

CTV: Schwarzenegger, Buble to carry torch

Schwarzenegger, Buble to carry torch

The Globe and MailBy Marsha Lederman, The Globe and Mail Posted Monday, February 8, 2010 2:32 PM ET

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Buble and Walter Gretzky are among the big names who will run with the Olympic torch when it arrives in Vancouver later this week.

Mr. Schwarzenegger - a former movie star who is now Governor of California - will run with the torch just after 7:00 am Friday morning in Stanley Park. He will be followed later in the morning by Mr. Gretzky, whose son Wayne Gretzky is among the top contenders to light the Olympic cauldron at the opening ceremony on Friday; and Rolly Fox, father of Terry Fox. Betty Fox, Terry's mother, is also a favourite to light the Olympic cauldron.

Other torchbearers announced Monday morning include astronaut Julie Payette, singer/songwriter Jann Arden, former B.C. Lions player Luis Passaglia, former Canucks players Richard Brodeur and Stan Smyl, and former Vancouver Whitecaps player and current team president Bob Lenarduzzi.

Anybody know when the Governator will run with the torch? Wouldn't mind seeing it on the live webpage.

CTV: Schwarzenegger, Buble to carry torch

Anybody know when the Governator will run with the torch? Wouldn't mind seeing it on the live webpage.

This is beyond hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arnold is the last once I would expect... Since he became governor he try with all his loves and passion trying to make productors avoiding the attraction of Vancouver. But love the fact he will held the torch in BC, aka "British california" in Hollywood north. Made my day LOL

He's running in Stanley Park apparently. Terry Fox's dad is running just down the block from my place (Davie and Denman area).

This is beyond hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arnold is the last once I would expect... Since he became governor he try with all his loves and passion trying to make productors avoiding the attraction of Vancouver. But love the fact he will held the torch in BC, aka "British california" in Hollywood north. Made my day LOL

I was not sure where to post this. A few pics of the Torch travelling through my area, Queensborough. After a last minute route change, it actually passed RIGHT in front of my house, it was very, very exciting. Surprised to see so many people showed up on a work day in our little community, but everyone was cheering and running behind the torch, it was very fun !

4344100255_044b9fd2f9_b.jpg

4344105055_660e3e6932_b.jpg

4344856612_5fcd422aac_b.jpg

4344124827_acb24b6afe_b.jpg

4344066837_11852831d5_b.jpg