**spoilers** Opening Ceremony Content **spoilers**

More pix please. ikarus! No NEED TO PUT SPOILERS!! I like the non-surprise of knowing these are early leaks. I mean those ice poles (I don't think they were totem poles) were a combo of those giant banners in Melbourne and the 'columns' of Beijing. I think these ones will glow probably different colors.

MORE PIX PLEASE!!! NO APOLOGIES NEEDED!!

Okkk baron :lol: altough almost all the pics are of the totem poles, i guess people didnt wanted to take pics to the best parts of the ceremony. Altough we have a lot of leaks now, i think Vancouver has managed to put even more secrecy than Beijing with their ceremonies.

Last pic i found, pretty much the same parade of nations stuff

http://samuelaraki-nnyh.posterous.com/11494885

Gosh, if the Wayne Gretzky information really is true, then everything of VANOC's strictly kept secrecy is falling apart. I mean, Beijing was at least able to keep the secret until a couple of hours before its opening ceremony. Torino didn't even try, if I recall correctly -- Stefania Belmondo was named already a few days before the ceremony.

And if there really is only one final torchbearer, this confirms my impression that the outdoor cauldron will be lit automatically and not by any torchbearers (if it is lit almost simultaneoulsy with the indoor cauldron at all).

Why do you say that?

I think the smaller enclosed space with many parts of the audience lit up kinda makes this a 'cozier'--for lack of a better word (i.e., NOT GOING OVER-THE-TOp or FOR BROKE) the way Melba and Doha did. Notice from the pix that those 2 REALLY had to fill the wider spaces with very imaginative designs, schemes, projections.

Well, I will wait until Friday night...but until then, I will post PRE-VIEWING ops. ;)

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Well after the second rehearsal people are describing it as "good" compared to Mondays responses like "Spectacular". I wonder why that is?

The adjectives simply depend on the person using them...It's not like they sat around after the first rehersal and said "Guys, it's too good, let's make it worse so people wont be as amazed." It's all personal opinion, and thats all it will be until it airs and even after it.

Well after the second rehearsal people are describing it as "good" compared to Mondays responses like "Spectacular". I wonder why that is?

o_O That's extremely illogical...it depends on how the person uses "good".

Vancouver WILL deliver. That's a promise.

There are a couple differences between the Monday and Wednesday audiences too. For example, today was primarily volunteers and employees of the organizing committee who are arguably harsher critics. Secondly, the volunteer and staff force is on average older than the public going to participate in and see the games and ceremonies, and once in a while something that is "new" or "artistic" might register as "too much" or "not authentic". I've only heard a handful of people (all elderly people) have that opinion. The rest is overwhelmingly positive. When I was walking home after the rehearsal the crowds in the streets were pretty much raving just as much as Monday's more public crew.