**spoilers** Opening Ceremony Content **spoilers**

Back then, i didnt tought the handover was so terrible. In fact i was somewhat surprised at how much it was bashed by canadians. It was just a handover, not like its going to represent everything about Canada (i remember aussies also got ashamed of their handover in 1996)

@Baron - You thought that 90 was a lot...it's actually 94 camera's total for the OC. Just got the word today. Keep in mind that there are quite a few outside the venue covering the outdoor stuff. My dad wouldn't tell me much more because of his confidentiality agreement...and quite frankly, I'm looking forward to the surprise. He insists that we won't be disappointed.

And yes...it is a 2.5 hour show. He did confirm that today.

Wow...three more days...

Here's a rough breakdown based on previous opening ceremonies:

- Host city/nation cultural segment: 1 HOUR

- Protocol (Olympic Hymn, oaths, speeches): 15-minutes?

- Parade of Nations: 50-minutes

- Lighting of the cauldron: 5-7-mins

Does that look right?

edit....

- First host city/nation cultural segment: 1 HOUR

- Second host city/nation cultural segment: 15-30-mins

Does that look right?

edit....

- First host city/nation cultural segment: 1 HOUR

- Second host city/nation cultural segment: 15-30-mins

You forget the difference between Summer and Winter opening ceremonies.

In summer it's first a welcome show when the Olympic rings appear and after that the dignitaries will come in to the stadium and the national anthem will be played (15 mins). Than the artistic show (1 hour). After that the athletes parade (2 hours). And than the protocol part with speeches, Olympic anthem and oaths and peace part of the ceremony (20-30 mins). Lighting of the flame will be some 10-15 minutes including fireworks.

For Winter Games the order of ceremony has been changed in Salt Lake City 2002. It's like this:

- Welcome show, entrance of dignitaries, national anthem and another short show (20 mins)

- Athletes parade (50 mins)

- Artistis show (30 mins- 1 hour)

- Protocol part with speeches, raising Olympic flag etc. (20-30 mins)

- Lighting of the Olympic flame (10 mins)

- A final song (Pavarotti in 2006 and Lee Ann Rimes in 2002) (5 mins)

^ oh right i forgot...winter athletes get to go into the stadium earlier so that they get to see more of the snow and because unlike the summer edition they won't be taking up any of the floor where cultural performances would go on.

Here in Brazil, SPORTV 2 starts schedueled the OC from 00:00 to 3 AM, since we're on daylight savings right now. I'm throwing a party here to watch the ceremony with my friends! XD

^ oh right i forgot...winter athletes get to go into the stadium earlier so that they get to see more of the snow and because unlike the summer edition they won't be taking up any of the floor where cultural performances would go on.

Yep that's right.

That doesn't make much sense...???

Not everybody carries it live. Where it's tape-delayed they can throw in as many commercials as possible. But even the 'llive' version, there are designated points in the show where the TV networks can throw in like 3-4 mins of commercials. Who do you htink pays for the show?

Those "94" cameras are the TOTAL number of cameras spread out across the Vancouver venues. It's insane to have that huge number just for BC Place and probably the cauldron by the IBC. Also, wasn't it reported that more OC tickets were released because certain camera locations inside BC Place were no longer required. So how many camera positiosn were there to begin with? 120? :blink: (I've worked in TV production and that number is quite absurd.)

The ARD (the first German TV-channel) has planned to show the OC from 03:00-06:20 (CET) so far

ARD - Programm scedule (Feb 12th) scroll down to the bottom

ARD - Programm scedule (Feb 13th) on the top

the German coverage is commented by Katharina Witt and Ralf Scholt

We're getting a little bit off track of the topic "spoilers", but just a correction: According to the schedule you posted, the ceremony's commentators will be Jens-Jörg Rieck and Ralf Scholt. If I understand the schedule correctly, Katarina Witt will just be a co-moderator (not commentator) for ARD's opening ceremony coverage, that means she will do the coverage directly before and after the ceremony, preparing for respectively analysing the ceremony. She did the same already in 2002, where she didn't commentate the Salt Lake opening ceremony at all (besides a short period when Kristi Yamaguchi skated on the ice as a ceremonial performer and Kati Witt was "allowed" to commentate that live, since back then, Yamaguchi was her partner in some ice show). Back then, the commentators were Gerd Rubenbauer and German-American journalist Ben Wett.