**spoilers** Opening Ceremony Content **spoilers**

Are you saying that it doesn't look great on camera? I'm sure it's amazing live but really it's the 3 billion people watching it at home that will be the adjudicators on Friday

No I'm saying it DOES look great on camera, I'm just emphasizing that there will be no substitution for the people lucky enough to be there. :D

Wow, I said "Stay calm, regardless of what is leaked out" -- and now this... You folks are really freaks!!! :lol:

Well, all those tweets from the real ceremony rehearsal sound very promising. But that could also be the big danger -- that the expectations will now be extremely high and could be disappointed. I mean, we don't even know how much national pride could lead the Twitterers to see the ceremony through rose-coloured glasses -- or whether they've already seen an Olympic or other multi-sports event opening. Because for someone who hasn't seen one already, some elements could be mindblowing in deed while we old hands might say, "Well, OK -- there's a flying canoe. But Melbourne 2006 had a flying tram! And there's snow falling? Well, Lillehammer 1994 had real snow falling throughout its opening ceremony!" And so on.

I don't want to spoil the fun but I'm equally as cautious when someone says "They don't drape the roof? Then call the whole thing off -- Vancouver will embarrass itself and the ceremony will be 100 % cr*p" as when someone says "I couldn't stop crying tears of joy" or even starts to quote the Canadian national anthem ( ;) ). So I think I have to wait, watch for myself on Friday night and then give my own judgment.

Something maybe we all should do before we get too hysterical about the whole thing. I mean -- even if it certainly has a special significance for all Canadians: But at the end of the day, it's just another Olympic opening ceremony -- they take place every two years!

I always liked BC Place and the roof! I don't mind the inside of it, it's cool!

loll...well, the existing roof's days are numbered. The roof will be deflated in April for the installation of a new retractable roof.

loll...well, the existing roof's days are numbered. The roof will be deflated in April for the installation of a new retractable roof.

It's kind of retarded that the roof will be upgraded after the Olympics. This shiit should have been done in preparation for hosting these ceremonies.

It's kind of retarded that the roof will be upgraded after the Olympics. This shiit should have been done in preparation for hosting these ceremonies.

Yea, it really is...everyone involved forgot how important BC Place was, up until the 2006 roof deflation they were only focused on building the sport venues.

So, anyone know more details about the fireworks display?

On the fireworks at BC Place tonight:

As for the fireworks, They seemed to be white and red/pinkish (Canada flag colors?).

They blasted all around the rim but didnt go too high. Im not sure about the celebration of light because im new in Vancouver but im assuming u mean those fireworks that go really high and explode? That wasnt the case here. It didnt last long either, maybe about 15 seconds or less which I really HOPE is not the case for the real opening. Not sure how to explain the firework itself, they were kinda like "streamers". The fireworks went off twice aswell...about 10 minutes inbetween each take. Everyone was already outside of the stadium going home when they went off.

So it sounds like this was just a small test to save money, and there will likely be a much larger live test during the dress rehearsal on Wednesday and a full blown fireworks display on Friday perhaps.