**spoilers** Opening Ceremony Content **spoilers**

I am just hoping that these ceremonies do not reflect ripe ole' canadian cheese. Somehow I think it may just be teetring on that with what we have heard already. Yes, I can appreciate that we will have to really consider the lighting and all that but ...... "say it a little louder so the world can hear?" Isn't that a bit quirky even for a chorus to a song?

If we would call every song cr*p just based on its lyrics, probably 80 % of the most popular songs ever would have landed in the trash can. And also one should wait for the whole lyrics before judging whether they make sense or not.

• Like 1

Ok for those talking about the pyro effects on buildings near the BC Place, this has nothing to do with the OC, but with a show called Ignite the Dream, as part of the cultural olympiad, which will be held every night from February 12-28. More info here:

http://blog.livedesignonline.com/designing-vancouver/2010/02/vancouver-2010-northern-lights/

Is everyone always this negative before an opening ceremony? :unsure:

Maybe I'm being too Wilsonian about this, but I don't really care about the ceremony. Float some canoes through the air, heck, have a maple syrup fountain for all I care. Attending an Olympic opening ceremony is dream come true for me...I'm really beside myself just to be in the audience. :)

Vancouver and its current provincial government has very good relations with the State of California and the Governator.

Well, given that California's economy alone is larger (by about half a trillion $, if I'm not mistaken) than the GDP of the entire country of Canada, I don't think they have much choice...plus who wants to mess with the Governator?!

:rolleyes:

Apparently it's terrible - like REALLY bad

Also the audience participation thing is sketchy, confusing, and people are like "WTF"?

From what twitter postings I can find, they're not using the actually props in the audience, just being told what to do.