**spoilers** Opening Ceremony Content **spoilers**

Further to my post on the Opening Ceremony thread, I thought that in order to protect those who want their Opening Ceremony experience to be 100% new and surprising (or close to 100%) we would contain all FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE or other confirmed information about the Opening Ceremony here. This thread is NOT for rumours. Reason being - the first public dress rehearsal is Monday, so there's bound to be TONS on the interwebs about it shortly after. If it creeps into this forum, it belongs here.

Cheers

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

HIGHLIGHT THE SPACE BELOW TO VIEW THE SPOILER:

Global News is reporting a performer was very seriously injured during rehearsal for the Opening Ceremony.

The opening ceremonies will feature someone skiing down a massive ramp, and jumping through Olympic rings. He crashed and broke bones during rehearsal.

That's a very good idea. Yes the dress rehearsals on Monday and Wednesday have invitation only tickets for family/friends of the workers so there will be a fair amount of people who will get a preview, although those people will be strongly encouraged not to share anything themselves before the ceremonies just like team 2010.

I really don't recommend sharing anything at all before showtime, but this this thread is a good way to contain it.

It seems like two people completely ignored my spoiler...so here goes without making the text colour in white and then you having to highlight it:

Global News is reporting a performer was very seriously injured during rehearsal for the Opening Ceremony.

The opening ceremonies will feature someone skiing down a massive ramp, and jumping through Olympic rings. He crashed and broke bones during rehearsal.

It was only on tv.

I see. But it's surprising that no other media have picked up on that story so far -- a member of the ceremony's cast has been seriously injured and information about at least one segment of the ceremony has been leaked. And no one else reports on it? Might VANOC have requested them to keep silent?

Wow, that reminds me of that performer in Beijing 2008 who suffered paralyzis after an accident on the rehearsals. The video itself doesnt show anything since the pics from inside the BC Place are two months old, before any of the stages (or those thingies they put on the roof now to cover the dirt as well for projections) were put on place. I'm glad the performer is alive and he survived that crash, but now it remains to see if they'll use a replacement (altough i'm sure David Atkins had a plan B)

but now it remains to see if they'll use a replacement (altough i'm sure David Atkins had a plan B)

No, Jose. They will use the same wounded performer!! It's too expensive to produce another costume...so same performer will just have to "soldier..." on, bandages and all. Gives the show some verisimo realite!! :(

I don't think even CTV mentioned about this on their Olympic website. I have the impression that such Olympic-related news like that would be restricted to the TV rights holders. Something NBC seemingly pioneered of sorts. Other media outlets that don't hold the rights can't talk about Olympic news in depth with accompanying video footage.

This isn't the first time they setup a ski ramp in BC Place, and not a surprise to me. About 15 years ago at one of the Snow/Ski Shows I went to, they had a ramp setup at the east end of the building, pretty much right from the ceiling. They were doing indoor speed skiing demos. Guys were going down wearing those aero-dynamic Darth Vader-looking style helmets. It was interesting to watch. I had a feeling that they would setup something like this for the opening ceremonies B) . Now if only they could get Ross Rebagliati to snowboard down with a giant reefer to light the cauldron. :lol:

Random confirmed tidbit - most of the costumes you'll see in the OC are being re-used in the closing ceremony.

That's been done a few times before. Also, remember the Children of Light in Salt Lake? They appeared in both Opening and Closing. They'll porbably remove a sash or something from the Opening C costume so it won't look too, too obvious in its re-use for Closing. But again..nothing new.

• Like 1