Hello all!

Well, I've looked at Translink and found out that all my Olympic traveling will be done on buses. It worries me getting to and from White Rock and YVR with luggage. I e-mailed Translink but I have not gotten a response. Does anyone here who lives in Vancouver know if I can bring luggage on a bus?

Also, how do you all think the bus schedules will be effected during the games? I've already looked up alot of routes and they seems to be atleast an hour to get to venues. I just wonder if its going to take longer than that.

I know I'm craming alot into one post....but I also need to ask about finding where I'm going in the city. I'm worried about getting lost if I want to look around the city and try to return to White Rock from other locations. I heard that the venues will have transportation desks for help. Is that true?

Thank-you everyone on the Gamesbids forum for your help!

I would take a cab if you can afford it. The buses in Vancouver have one small area for hand luggage near the front--so you'll be managing your bags wherever you're sitting. If the buses is one of our extended "articulated" ones (looks like two buses connected by an accordion), try to get the seats by this "accordion" middile, which have more room to put things.

Hello all!

Well, I've looked at Translink and found out that all my Olympic traveling will be done on buses. It worries me getting to and from White Rock and YVR with luggage. I e-mailed Translink but I have not gotten a response. Does anyone here who lives in Vancouver know if I can bring luggage on a bus?

Also, how do you all think the bus schedules will be effected during the games? I've already looked up alot of routes and they seems to be atleast an hour to get to venues. I just wonder if its going to take longer than that.

I know I'm craming alot into one post....but I also need to ask about finding where I'm going in the city. I'm worried about getting lost if I want to look around the city and try to return to White Rock from other locations. I heard that the venues will have transportation desks for help. Is that true?

Thank-you everyone on the Gamesbids forum for your help!

Surely the airport train link and/or buses are equipped with additional space for luggage.

No problem with the Canada Line's trains with your luggage (even if they will probably well packed with thousands of spectators arriving at the same time).

True that the regular buses are the problem... and pretty sure that no additional space will be created (don't see how ?)

Oh ok. In Cape Town, we are providing seven 12m, 120 seat Volvo buses from the Airport to CBD (20 mins) catering for luggage/bags. Eight 18m 156 seat articulated buses are on standby depending on demand, not sure if these extras will have space for luggage.

Does Vancouver have a separate area at the airport for metred taxi's?