Champion's League Final

In 1981...

Prince Charles got married

Ken and Deirdre got married (Coronation Street)

There was a new Doctor Who

Liverpool finished fifth in the League

Liverpool won 17 league games

Norwich were relegated

Crystal Palace were relegated

Liverpool won the European Cup

In 2005...

Prince Charles got married

Ken and Deirdre got married (Coronation Street)

There was a new Doctor Who

Liverpool finished fifth in the League

Liverpool won 17 league games

Norwich were relegated

Crystal Palace were relegated

Liverpool to win the European Cup?

more coincidences

The pope dies and we have a new pope

Wales win the 5 Nations rugby union

Liverpool lose the League Cup final to the team who go on to win the league

The pope dies and we have a new pope

Wales win the 5 Nations rugby union

Liverpool lose the League Cup final to the team who go on to win the league

--------------------

Also - every European Cup that Liverpool have won, they have played in red against a team in white

This year Milan won the toss and chose their away kit to be white

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

LIVERPOOL

Arent you british members happy - Liverpool won?!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

What a great match. I was actually feeling nervous towards the end and I'm a Spurs fan. Congrats to Liverpool, and great to see an English team winning the trophy again!

As for letting them defend it, it would be grossly unfair to rewrite the rules now (very ad-hoc) and to allow Everton to lose their hard fought Champions League spot. Either both should be allowed in, or just Everton. The rules should be rewritten for the future, as the champions should be back to defend their trophy.

No.

Excuse me Veri - welcome by the way as you are defintely new and I haven't been on here very long myself - but have you been drinking copious amounts of alcohol tonight ???  

Your posts are verging on the antagonistic and downright stupid - who posts a picture of themselves as an answer to someone else's post??  It's just downright lame... :sniffle:

I take it you are British - so a piece of advice - don't upset people who are meant to be on the same side as you.  It's not even a good idea to upset people who aren't.  For the most part, this is not what this forum is all about.  

I realise you have a right to voice your own opinion and wouldn't normally bother to argue with you and let you get on with it - it would have been better to just type your anser down in the post.  Instead you came over as just hungry for attention!!!!  You will get knocked backed quite severely on here if you carry on like this.   Especially from the British supporters...   ???  

I am quite happy to listen to your views and not argue with you if you do it in the normal way but right now you just giving me the creeps!  I take it from your post and your photo that you are extremely young....

No.

Excuse me Veri - welcome by the way as you are defintely new and I haven't been on here very long myself - but have you been drinking copious amounts of alcohol tonight ???  

Your posts are verging on the antagonistic and downright stupid - who posts a picture of themselves as an answer to someone else's post??  It's just downright lame... :sniffle:

I take it you are British - so a piece of advice - don't upset people who are meant to be on the same side as you.  It's not even a good idea to upset people who aren't.  For the most part, this is not what this forum is all about.  

I realise you have a right to voice your own opinion and wouldn't normally bother to argue with you and let you get on with it - it would have been better to just type your anser down in the post.  Instead you came over as just hungry for attention!!!!  You will get knocked backed quite severely on here if you carry on like this.   Especially from the British supporters...   ???  

I am quite happy to listen to your views and not argue with you if you do it in the normal way but right now you just giving me the creeps!  I take it from your post and your photo that you are extremely young....

Who the hell do you think you are? And tell me, when did you become the moderator of this website?

If I want to post a picture of myself, then Ill do it, okay? It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously anyway. I have been coming to this forum for a while, but just recently made a profile, and I see Baron post the same idiot remarks day in day out, so it would not have mattered what I had said to him, he would have comeback with a pompous statement on how NYC was superior, hence the photo.

I am British, correct. But listen, I will post what I wish too, I could care less what people on here thought about me. There is plenty of people who post on here, who start arguments and who "talk up London" in an arrogant way. DO I SEE YOU WRITING TO THEM? Questioning them? Getting at them? No.

So dont offload your nonsense at me. Go be self righteous to someone who actually cares.

You have some nerve, seriously. Just because I post a picture of myself, I am deemed "extremely young". Im actually 21, and a student at University, so before you actually know someone, I would get your facts in order. Cheers.

They have to let them defend it. It would make a mockery of the competition if they couldn't. Then again, when was the last time UEFA worried about looking stupid?

UEFA have said they won't let an extra English team in.

However, I've just read this:

Welsh champions TNS have offered Liverpool an unlikely opportunity to defend their Champions League title.

TNS chairman Mike Harris says the Reds can take his side's place in the first qualifying round draw if they win a play-off match between the two sides.

Harris said he has not yet contacted Uefa with his proposition, but European football's governing body is unlikely to sanction such a game.

The Football Association of Wales would also have serious concerns over giving up its sole Champions League place.

BBC Link

Or an Everton/Manchester United fan?

Yeah, im a true blue... its very hard to smile and say congrats about the Liverpool victory.

I know where you're coming from. I have similar feelings about Scunthorpe United's success this season. No doubt if Lincoln do the business in Cardiff tomorrow I'll be even more sick. But you just have to grit your team, take it on the chin and get on with it. Then believe you're going to have a better season than them next year.

UP THE MARINERS!

Archived