Roma 2020 Bid

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of luck with your new stadium opening tomorrow. As a former Notts Uni student, I can only hope for a losing start for Juve :P but it looks like you're getting a rare thing - a modern, purpouse-built, club-owned football stadium in Italy. It'll surely be in Rome's plans for the 2020 football tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not likely. It is far too simple and a little messy. Most probably will be a dot.com or dot.org website

Though I agree that it won't likely be 2020roma.it, I must point out that "too simple" and "messy" contradict each other.

Besides, aren't all bid URLs fairly simple?

Rome 2020 Olympic bid group selects Atlanta sports marketing firm as lead consultant

ROME — The leaders of Rome’s bid for the 2020 Olympics have selected the American sports marketing company Helios Partners as its top consultant.

Atlanta-based Helios has already worked on four winning Olympic bids — Beijing in 2008, Vancouver in 2010, Sochi in 2014 and Pyeongchang in 2018. It also aided Russia’s successful candidacy for the 2018 World Cup.

Rome bid CEO Ernesto Albanese says Helios will assist in “brand positioning and messaging” and in all Olympic presentations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/rome-2020-olympic-bid-group-selects-atlanta-sports-marketing-firm-as-lead-consultant/2011/10/03/gIQAlwwMIL_story.html

Rome 2020 Olympic bid group selects Atlanta sports marketing firm as lead consultant

ROME — The leaders of Rome’s bid for the 2020 Olympics have selected the American sports marketing company Helios Partners as its top consultant.

Atlanta-based Helios has already worked on four winning Olympic bids — Beijing in 2008, Vancouver in 2010, Sochi in 2014 and Pyeongchang in 2018. It also aided Russia’s successful candidacy for the 2018 World Cup.

Rome bid CEO Ernesto Albanese says Helios will assist in “brand positioning and messaging” and in all Olympic presentations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/rome-2020-olympic-bid-group-selects-atlanta-sports-marketing-firm-as-lead-consultant/2011/10/03/gIQAlwwMIL_story.html

Gotosy, u're just doubling up a lot of GB's headline stories. For what?

^I  use the search engine to prevent duplicate contents , and to look for the right thread or topic before posting

Of course I may post something inaccurate , duplicate or in wrong place sometimes ;-)

But  looking the time I post this article and some others,   it was posted before published on the GB healines

Though I agree that it won't likely be 2020roma.it, I must point out that "too simple" and "messy" contradict each other.

Besides, aren't all bid URLs fairly simple?

Hello Barrack!

"Messy" in this case meant that I viewed it as cluttered and rushed. It doesn't appear to be very upgradeable to me.

Hello Barrack!

"Messy" in this case meant that I viewed it as cluttered and rushed. It doesn't appear to be very upgradeable to me.

Ah, that makes sense. I thought you were referring to only the URL itself. Yes the site could definitely use some work. As far as URLs, whether they go with Roma or Rome or .it, .org, or .com, I just want them to follow the [Place][Year].[suffix] format.

Olgiata named as Olympic Golf venue

If Rome gets the 2020 Olympics as they hope to, Olgiata Golf Club will get the Olympic golf championship.

And that's official

The club which last week hosted the Challenge Tour's Rome Golf Open, has been advised of their selection for the 2020 Summer Olympics by the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI) and in anticipation of getting CONI's vote had gone ahead with a €1 million redesign project that will ensure the best possible venue for an Olympic golf tournament.

Redesigned by the famous US course architect Tom Fazio and his family business, a total of 15 holes have been altered at the Club, with complete re-turfing of every fairway and green to allow the course to be presented in the best possible condition ahead of the IOC vote.

"If the Olympics comes to Rome then Olgiata will be the venue for golf," Club President Andrea Pischiatta said during last week's Rome Open..

http://www.golf365.com/news_story/0,17923,9786_7249372,00.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Italian great questions Rome Olympic bid

One of Italy's greatest athletes has questioned Rome's plan to bid for the 2020 Olympics amid the country's ongoing economic crisis.

'It's unthinkable to try and organise the 2020 Games,' former 200-metre world record holder Pietro Mennea said in an interview with Corriere della Sera on Thursday.

'We're a nation devastated by a scary economic crisis. How could we think about proposing something like this now?'

Mennea's 200-metre world record of 19.72 seconds was set in Mexico City in 1979. It lasted 17 years until Michael Johnson ran 19.66 at the 1996 US Olympic trials. Mennea also won the 200 at the 1980 Moscow Games.

Now 59, Mennea is a lawyer and former member of the European Parliament.

His comments came during a week rife with speculation that Italy's new government is considering delaying the bid to aim for the 2024 Games instead.

'Zero-cost Olympics don't exist,' Mennea said. 'The real priorities of the country lie elsewhere. ... If Rome skips 2020 that doesn't mean it can't organise the games ever again.'

Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno said Mennea's comments come from someone who hasn't read the bid dossier, which includes a plan to use many venues from the 1960 Rome Games, including the 80,000-seat Stadio Olimpico and surrounding Foro Italico complex.

'With all the respect I have toward him, I think in this case he would have done well to measure his words better,' Alemanno told the ANSA news agency.

'If you haven't seen the dossier and the papers it's difficult to offer opinions. ... The majority of Italian sportsmen are supportive.'

Also bidding for 2020 are Madrid; Tokyo; Istanbul; Doha, Qatar; and Baku, Azerbaijan.

The International Olympic Committee requires bid cities to provide government financial guarantees. Detailed bid plans must be submitted to the IOC by February 15.

The IOC will select the host city in Buenos Aires in September 2013.

Sky News

Mmm but Rome as everything in place, at least the most important things also has the hotel infrastructure, the airport... I think the budget for new things won't be so high... Anyways Italy's in a great crisis... But i hope they don't quit :)

Archived